New Years Plans?

Status
Not open for further replies.

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
CA
So anyone got any new years plans? anything exciting or different?
I am a home body of sorts, so I will most likely be staying home, but I think one year I would like to experience times square new year.

Before I forget, I hope everyone has a safe and happy new years celebration.

cherylim

5 Year Member
Leyland, UK
Happy New Year to you, too! :)

We don't have plans this year. I didn't celebrate it growing up, but over the past few years we've gone out as a small group of friends just to our local pub - me, my fiance and our best friends who are a couple. This year, one of that couple is working, and the other is pregnant, so we're taking the quiet stay-at-home approach.

pdrobber

10 Year Member!
possibly going out to Long Island after I finish up at work. would be going to a friend's place. otherwise I'll just be at my apt all by myself with the Russians.

GBtortoises

10 Year Member!
The Catskill Mountains of New York State
I plan on guzzling alcohol all night long until I get naked and dance with a lampshade on my head! Okay, realistically we're going to a party at a neighbor's house down the road with a bunch of other old farts. I probably won't drink at all because I may have to go pick up my kids from their parties later. That way none of us get a DWI.

Tony the tank

5 Year Member
I've done the time square gig,.celebrated on cruise ships, ski trip even brought the new yr in on a night dive in the Turks....But to be honest holidays don't have the same flavor they use to when I was younger... So for the last few yrs.. It's been standing reservations at the same restaurant ... Then home.... Wife watches the ball drop as I snooze:D....Just another day..

Sammy

5 Year Member
Hong Kong
BBQ with family and then go home to be with my precious pets. Happy New Year everyone!

african cake queen

5 Year Member
ct.usa
hi everyone, my plans are to watch my husband sleep and make marzipan tortoise candy. after the big ball crashes , so will i. keeping it simple.

cherylim

5 Year Member
Leyland, UK
Sammy said:
BBQ with family and then go home to be with my precious pets. Happy New Year everyone!

BBQ? I am DEFINITELY in the wrong country. :(

I'm ok, I'm having slow-cooked beef, cubed roast potatoes, Yorkshire puddings and gravy...mmm...

Sammy

5 Year Member
Hong Kong
I'd swap BBQ for roast dinner any day. When I was in the UK many many years ago, I loved school lunch... Especially the deserts. Jam rolly polly with custard was my favorite.

cherylim

5 Year Member
Leyland, UK
Sammy said:
I'd swap BBQ for roast dinner any day. When I was in the UK many many years ago, I loved school lunch... Especially the deserts. Jam rolly polly with custard was my favorite.

You ate school custard? Brave move!

Status
Not open for further replies.