Newbie from Eugene, Oregon

Status
Not open for further replies.

joejvigil

5 Year Member
Hi my name is Joe. I have always been interested in turtles and tortoises. I'm trying to research as much as I can before I get my first tortoise. I would like to find a breeder (locally if possible) to get my new tortoise from. Would love to meet some knowledgeable people on this forum and help to expand my knowledge of tortoises.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
Welcome to the Forum, Joe.

lynnedit

10 Year Member!
Southwest Washington
Welcome, I don't live far from you!
This is a great site to learn on. Once you decide the kind of tortoise you want, start skulking on the for sale site here, and elsewhere.

joejvigil

5 Year Member
I am curious to find out from other Oregonians what kind of tortoises you have? Also, do you keep them outdoors in the summer here?

Cowboy_Ken

10 Year Member!
Kingman, Arizona
Greetings Joe,

I'm north of you in Salem, but spent most of my time up the Mackenzie River area. Have you hooked up with the Oregon Herpetological Society folks yet? They meet on the 3rd Thursday of each month at WISTEC by the U.ofO. field. Send me a pm and I'll send you contact info for them. I was fairly active with them before I moved, and someone there might still remember me…they're a good group of people that I miss regularly.

Status
Not open for further replies.