Newbie from New Zealand!

MissyChariot

Location (City and/or State)
Wellington, New Zealand
Hello!

I don't have my own Tortoise, but I have recently become very interested in them, and am thinking about getting one of my own. I know I will have to do a ton of research, and this forum seems really knowledgeable with lots of practiced experience, so I thought this would be a great place to snoop, learn, and probably bug everyone with many, many questions! If anyone has good beginner guides or knowledge for Greek Tortoises (as they are the ones I am most interested in) I'd love to hear it!

I am also from New Zealand, more particularly in the Wellington region. If any other Kiwi's are here, I'd love to chat about where you got your Tortoise, your experiences with everything from how the weather effects your Tortoises to what you feed it.

Thanks, and lovely to meet you all!

KarenSoCal

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Low desert 50 mi SE of Palm Springs CA
Hello!

I don't have my own Tortoise, but I have recently become very interested in them, and am thinking about getting one of my own. I know I will have to do a ton of research, and this forum seems really knowledgeable with lots of practiced experience, so I thought this would be a great place to snoop, learn, and probably bug everyone with many, many questions! If anyone has good beginner guides or knowledge for Greek Tortoises (as they are the ones I am most interested in) I'd love to hear it!

I am also from New Zealand, more particularly in the Wellington region. If any other Kiwi's are here, I'd love to chat about where you got your Tortoise, your experiences with everything from how the weather effects your Tortoises to what you feed it.

Thanks, and lovely to meet you all!
Hi, and welcome to the forum! I don't know much about Greeks, but others are very knowledgeable. There is a section of the forum on Greeks...look under species specific, then Mediterranean, then Greek. There are stickies at the top.
Here's a link to the one on general care of them.
Again, welcome, and have fun!

https://tortoiseforum.org/threads/g...graeca-care-sheet-overview.87146/#post-812416

As per request from a few members, here is a general care sheet for the Greek tortoise (Testudo graeca) along with photos representing a few subspecies belonging to this species complex.<br /><br /><b......

LaLaP

5 Year Member
Portland, OR
Oh I love Wellington! My best friend used to live there so I visited several times. Welcome!