Newbie help with nutrabol please

1eturner

Location (City and/or State)
Birmingham uk
Hi all
I’m hoping someone can offer some advice, I have a 6 month old hermann hatchling I have just bought some nutrabol which I have been giving her every other day, I have just been told that I should also be adding calci dust also, can someone please tell me the best supplement or combination of supplements I should be using?
Thank you

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
I don't know what nutrabol is. A good proper diet and a small pinch of calcium twice a week is all that's needed.

1eturner

Birmingham uk
Thanks for response wellington, sorry if I was unclear with my post I’m in the uk and I believe lots of people use nutrabol as a supplement I thought that this was enough on its own but now I have read that people add calci dust also so I’m not sure what to do now?

Attachments

• IMG_2996.png
    IMG_2996.png
    210.1 KB · Views: 1

Alex and the Redfoot

Cyprus
Hello!
This supplement is high in vitamins A and D3 and not very rich in Calcium (comparing to calcium powders).
Vitamin A is mostly acquired by tortoises from their diet (varied greens) and can be easily overdosed.
Vitamin D3 synthesized by tortoises under UV B lights and poorly ingested through dietary path (at least, by herbivorous species, including Hermann's). And it can be overdosed as well.

My take is not to use Nutrabal at all, provide the diet of varied greens (not fruit at all!). A tiny pinch of calcium powder (without D3) can be sprinked once-twice a week over greens. Look for Nutrazu 5M21 Tortoise Diet and use it as a supplement.

1eturner

Birmingham uk
Hello!
This supplement is high in vitamins A and D3 and not very rich in Calcium (comparing to calcium powders).
Vitamin A is mostly acquired by tortoises from their diet (varied greens) and can be easily overdosed.
Vitamin D3 synthesized by tortoises under UV B lights and poorly ingested through dietary path (at least, by herbivorous species, including Hermann's). And it can be overdosed as well.

My take is not to use Nutrabal at all, provide the diet of varied greens (not fruit at all!). A tiny pinch of calcium powder (without D3) can be sprinked once-twice a week over greens. Look for Nutrazu 5M21 Tortoise Diet and use it as a supplement.
Thank you