Newbie LONG overdue thank you and future hope

Newmy1

Location (City and/or State)
Northern Wisconsin
I'm probably missing some step but here is my first post. I'm a 25 year old guy located in northern Wisconsin (not too far from the U.P. border). I have several reptile species but I am a first time tort owner/parent of a baby redfoot. After much research (as much as you can without having one lol), I purchased my little one which im 95% sure is a girl. I'll have pics up soon with details etc....but now you know the basics about me.

On a personal note...I wanted to say thank you to everyone for creating an environment like this for people to rely on. To me, reptile ownership as a whole is about spreading the knowledge we believe is right, and correcting what we find out is wrong. I've seen experienced keepers here answer newbie ?'s without insult despite it's simplicity, and that integrity is one of the reasons I joined. So thank you for helping me with a new species in my collection, and I hope/won't hesitate being able to help out others on here who might add something different to theirs in the future, and spread what I learn about from my tort along the way : )

tortdad

5 Year Member
NW Houston TX
Welcome to TFO. Be sure to post pics of your RF and s/he enclosure so we can help

mike taylor

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Welcome fellow red foot keeper!

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Hi, and welcome to the Forum!

I've been taking care of a couple of RF tortoises for one of our members who went to China for a teaching job, and I've had them for almost 2 years now. They are pretty big, I'd say almost full grown, and I'm still not able to tell their sexes. So, don't be surprised if your 'girl' turns out to be a boy!

Grandpa Turtle 144

5 Year Member
Hello and welcome to the TFO from AZ. Have a great tort day. !

Sent from my iPhone using TortForum