Newbie question about weights

Renee_H

Location (City and/or State)
Glendora, Ca
I tried to post to the newbie thread but saw a notification saying I didn’t meet requirements to post there or similar.

1. If she feels super dense and heavy is it essential I weigh her? I don’t own a scale so I’ll need to buy one. Lol.
2. I finally got around to measuring her today and she’s about 14.5” she’s in her twenties so I think this is appropriate. Would there be any reason at this point I would need to hold onto the info or measure her again at this point? I’m thinking no.
3. She eats grass - I think I understand the grasses are more essential for sullys. Therefore should I skip the dried grasses in my kapidolo farms order? Just let her eat all my backyard grass she desires?
4. I notice when she’s eating she tends to wind down at the end of her meal and take a mouthful of something and walk away with it and leave it in her favorite hiding spot. Is she trying to tell me something? 😆 a few times she’s come out for more and taken it back to her hide. When I check later it’s still there so she isn’t eating it. Not genuinely concerned here just a rather odd observation. I’ve been taking it after she goes to bed and tossing it out.
image.jpg

Renee_H

Glendora, Ca
These are the items in my cart. I’m not sure if I’m selecting correctly. My plan was to rotate through them one at a time beginning with very small amounts working up to recommended amounts as she’s only ever had grocery store greens.
IMG_9558.jpeg

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
I tried to post to the newbie thread but saw a notification saying I didn’t meet requirements to post there or similar.

1. If she feels super dense and heavy is it essential I weigh her? I don’t own a scale so I’ll need to buy one. Lol.
2. I finally got around to measuring her today and she’s about 14.5” she’s in her twenties so I think this is appropriate. Would there be any reason at this point I would need to hold onto the info or measure her again at this point? I’m thinking no.
3. She eats grass - I think I understand the grasses are more essential for sullys. Therefore should I skip the dried grasses in my kapidolo farms order? Just let her eat all my backyard grass she desires?
4. I notice when she’s eating she tends to wind down at the end of her meal and take a mouthful of something and walk away with it and leave it in her favorite hiding spot. Is she trying to tell me something? 😆 a few times she’s come out for more and taken it back to her hide. When I check later it’s still there so she isn’t eating it. Not genuinely concerned here just a rather odd observation. I’ve been taking it after she goes to bed and tossing it out.
1. Is it essential? No. Its a good idea to weigh around once a month just to be sure there isn't a problem.
2. I agree with your thinking. Its not going to change much at this point.
3. The dried grasses are a good way to add fiber to grocery store greens. You might not need it right now when the grasses are growing nicely in the summer time, but come fall when the grass starts to go dormant, mulberry and grape leaves drop off, and the rains have not come yet to bring the weeds, you might need those dried grasses to add to grocery store greens.
4. This is unusual behavior. I've not seen a tortoise carry food around on purpose.