MaNaAk

Location (City and/or State)
Southend
@MaNaAk such a beautiful Tortoise! And Thank You for sharing that with me. I will never make this mistake again. Now Spur Thighed and Spurred Tortoise are in my vocab.
I was taken by the color and pattern of the shell, very similar to our 85 year old Desert Tortoise Homer.
Thankyou @EppsDynasty!

I had another Spur-thighed Tortoise called Daisy and she was Jacky's partner for seventy-two years. Daisy had to be put to sleep in 2022 at the age of 80 but she had a special relationship with Jacky. Tortoises make such great pets and they are very good at mischief making. Jacky has an EEC pattern on her shell whereas Daisy ended up with a chip after she tried to visit the neighbours by burrowing under the fence 🤣🤣🐢🐢.

MaNaAk

EppsDynasty

Platinum Tortoise Club
Canebrake Ca
I am so sorry for your loss, I can't imagine your heartache ! !
We love torts and wish to have tortoises for as long as we can. That means learning as much as we can too. Thank You for sharing the picture, a special tortoise for sure!

jojoM83

Leicestershire UK
Dear @jojoM83,

Welcome! Roy is very cute and you have a lifetime of hilarious moments ahead of you. Jacky is an 88 year old Spur-thighed Tortoise and here in Essex I have tried to get her out as much as possible. She has not eaten when it was colder but it is going to warm up again and today she has started to eat again. I would leave the heat lamp for a little while as the expect 30 degrees Celsius at the weekend but please keep posting so that we can keep advising you. How old is Roy?

Natrah
Hi Natrah,
Roy had a busy few days Thursday and Friday. Weather was 30 degrees and he was out and about basking, eating and interacting with us for about 6 hours each day. The last 2 days have cooled to 23 degrees but he hasn't come out of his house himself. I got him out both days and he ate but today went back to bed after 30mins. Should I be worried or is this normal??

MaNaAk

Southend
Hi Natrah,
Roy had a busy few days Thursday and Friday. Weather was 30 degrees and he was out and about basking, eating and interacting with us for about 6 hours each day. The last 2 days have cooled to 23 degrees but he hasn't come out of his house himself. I got him out both days and he ate but today went back to bed after 30mins. Should I be worried or is this normal??
Dear @jojoM83,

I'm just including @zolasmum and @MoggyMad here because they are also from the UK (Moggymad is from Northampton). @zolasmum and @MoggyMad regularly contribute to my Jacky and Daisy thread. I don't think you should be too worried because the drop in temperature could be affecting Roy allowing a cloudy day and he's probably still settling. I don't know if you have any patio but when the sun comes try getting Roy on to the patio because will be warmest part of the garden. I soak Jacky twice a week eventhough she hates it 🤣 and tries to get out.

You will find that there will be the odd day when Roy doesn't eat or come. Jacky has had a few days like this when we had miserable weather. Try having a look at my Jacky and Daisy thread to see what we all get up to.

Natrah