Newborn tortoise

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Cute, but they look like tortoises to me and they need a bigger enclosure, unless that's not all of it in the pic. The water bowl needs to be lower, so it is level with the substrate. Hopefully there is lights and heat too not pictured.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Hi Nancy. Those babies are very cute! I'm afraid the water is too deep. They might fall backwards trying to climb out and land on their back in the water. Put a layer of pebbles in the bottom of the dish to make it more shallow.

Nancyasmar

Lebanon
Hi Nancy. Those babies are very cute! I'm afraid the water is too deep. They might fall backwards trying to climb out and land on their back in the water. Put a layer of pebbles in the bottom of the dish to make it more shallow.
That water are not for them i have a bigger greek tortoise

Pawciorc

Malta
The box is even too small for those two hatchlings, not mentioning a bigger tort. Secondly the bowl is good for a dog, not for torts. Plus you feed them with oxalis which is on red list of weeds.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Hi Nancy. Cute babies.

The comments above are intended to help keep your tortoises happy and healthy.

Nancyasmar

Lebanon
The box is even too small for those two hatchlings, not mentioning a bigger tort. Secondly the bowl is good for a dog, not for torts. Plus you feed them with oxalis which is on red list of weeds.
Thx for ur help but these little two i bought to my friend's daughter and i gave her the tortoise last saturday haha thx for ur help anyway i was just posting a picture to show you how cute they are haha

Nancyasmar

Lebanon
Yes i know but as i told you i will not keep the little tortoise they are for a girl i know hihi