newspaper contains BPA

Loohan

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
North-Central Arkansas
I was reading how chelonians should be brumated in a container containing damp newspaper. Luckily, i was suspicious of that advice; who knows what chemicals i would be marinating my baby in?
Now i read that newsprint contains BPA:
http://www.environmentalhealthnews.org/ehs/newscience/2011/11/2011-1205-bpa-paper-products/

Another thing to keep in mind: I have seen instructions to put paper egg cartons in the boxes used to raise superworms, so the beetles have a place to hang out in. Last time i bought superworms, i went back in the back of the store to where the lady was raising them, and the beetles were on such a carton, which they had partially devoured. Paper egg cartons are the lowest grade of recycled paper, usually consisting of paper unfit for anything else, that is, from paper that has already been recycled before and thus has no fibrous strength. And is more likely to be moldy and in need of fungicides. Most likely they have plenty BPA too, as the poor quality pulp needs glue to bind it together.
I noticed a couple of the worms were dead when i got them home, and more died soon after, for unknown reasons.
Now i am trying to raise my own organically.