Newton still ill!

Moshie

Little Newton is still sick. He goes to the vet in the morning again. Tonight he had his shot of Baytrill and then I place him in a warm baby food bath. At first I thought he was actually going to attempt to eat some as he put his head under but when he raised it up he spit out this bubble. I have packaged it in a small bag to transport to the Dr. tomorrow, but am wondering if any one if familiar with this type of thing and what could have caused it. It is on a normal size tea spoon.
Thank you.

20170227_180604-1.jpg

Moshie

It is a little thicker than I think mucus would be. It is still a full bubble. This is my little tortoise that prolapsed last Tuesday. I am just sick as I have done everything the vet has said and everything I have found out on the forum to do for sick tortoises and now I am just beside myself. I hope the vet will have more answers for me tomorrow.

deadheadvet

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Cary, NC
Looks like mucus. Not a big fan of Baytril by injection. Better to be given orally.

Moshie

Little Newton is gone. He put up a good fight but just couldn't hang in, I am heart broken but am glad he isn't suffering any longer. Thank you all for your advice and input.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
Oh no! That's really to bad.

Moshie

Thank you so much. Funny how we get so attached to our little critters. I waited 50 years to finally get a tortoise. At least I still have Sir Isaac and I sure hope and prayer he can live a very long long life!