Nice Looking Leopard Hatchling

Rutibegga

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Philadelphia, PA
Such a cute little guy! Is it wrong that I hope it doesn't grow to be a normal looking leopard?

TortieLuver

5 Year Member
Arizona
Neal~fun thread:) your lil leo is quite the unique one. I too agree that you hang onto it and see how it grows. Let us know if any of the other eggs hatch and look like that. Thanks for sharing...beautiful indeed!!

Amanda81

5 Year Member
Northeast Tennessee
Very unique. If you decide to let him go, or perhaps he gets some look alike siblings, let us know, my daughter has took a interest to the leopards and has earned herself the privilege of getting herself one, so we would for sure snatch him up. Lol. Do you think the way the eggs was handled has anything to do with how he turned out?

Neal

10 Year Member!
Arizona
A bit more growth has come in and he's looking more and more normalish
frown.png
. He's packed on a lot of weight and if you look really closely between the 2nd and 3rd right coastal scute you can see a hint of white coming in, so he's about to have some more impressive growth in the coming weeks.

012_zpsotfbgqtu.jpg

013_zps2cuusq9m.jpg

Despite a slight slope on his rear side that he's had since birth, the new growth is coming in very smooth.

Neal

10 Year Member!
Arizona
Very unique. If you decide to let him go, or perhaps he gets some look alike siblings, let us know, my daughter has took a interest to the leopards and has earned herself the privilege of getting herself one, so we would for sure snatch him up. Lol. Do you think the way the eggs was handled has anything to do with how he turned out?

I'm really not sure at all. Incubation can effect the shell in ways such as splitting scutes, but I am unsure as to how it might have an effect on shell pattern.