Nice Sully

Status
Not open for further replies.

TommyZ

5 Year Member
Here is a pic of my buddies sully. He is 8 years old, and his shell was incredibly smooth. Pic is not the best but i think you can still tell how nice it is....Here is where i think some of you will be surprised, i asked how he did it, his answer....vitashell. His tort was, IMO, impressively healthy.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using TortForum mobile app

Attachments

• 1368724896943.jpg
    1368724896943.jpg
    84.2 KB · Views: 87

TommyZ

5 Year Member
Lives outside in warm months, which in NJ is about half the year, i thought he was a little small too (but im a noob), he lives in a large dog kennel when outside. When inside he has a huge basement to himself, two basking spots set up for him, seemed to me his setup was ok. I just texted him, he said he is 6 years not 8.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Chicago, Illinois, USA
It is quite smooth looking, howver, kinda hard to see really in the pic. I have of some members using vita shell, not really sure if it could prevent pyramiding alone.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Southern California
Very interesting. Dry makes them grow slow pyramided. The wet routine makes them grow smooth and fast. This guys tortoise grew at the normal rate for the dry routine, but the Vitashell prevented the pyramiding, apparently.

TommyZ

5 Year Member
Yep, i knew you would find it interesting. Cuz for sure there is no humidity going on, the tort does have free roam of a huge basement with a few different hiding spots in a big back yard in the summertime. I found it very interesting that the shell was so smooth, he said occasionally when he would run out of the vitashell he would use regular aveno hand lotion on the shell.

I'll do my best to get more detail pictures for you guys because I'm sure this is something you would like to see and mull over.

Status
Not open for further replies.