Nightbox door.

Renee_H

Location (City and/or State)
Glendora, Ca
I think I need to remake my door. When I installed it I noticed I had gaps on 3 sides. I put some weather stripping which decreased the gap but I could still see a thin gap. I’d made a mental note to go buy a thicker weather stripping on my lunch today. Well this morning I went to let my tort out before work and I could NOT get the door open. The wood had swelled. I had to raise the lid climb inside the box and kick out the door. I made the opening 16w/14t if I remember correctly. Helllllp

Last edited:

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
You could try putting a rubber or plastic strip on the outside of the door on the sides so when you close it, those strips cover the gaps

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
I would do as I said in my first post. Then when the door is closed, those flaps would cover the gaps.
Or, if you put a handle on the outside of the door, you could pull it open and leave the thicker stripping.

seanbaker1

Tortoise Club
Chino, California
I would do as I said in my first post. Then when the door is closed, those flaps would cover the gaps.
Or, if you put a handle on the outside of the door, you could pull it open and leave the thicker stripping.
A handle on the door is a great idea! I'm going to do that. Just a small pull, for when it's warm and the door sticks a bit. Thanks!