No more bananas

Status
Not open for further replies.

TJ1999

5 Year Member
I had just given Levi his first taste of bananas after I gave his little pieces of carrots and some weed when all of a sudden, he threw up two pieces of carrots and all of the bananas he ate. I put him in a warm bath when he finally finished puking. Is this just a random thing or just no more bananas?
(P.s. I read online that bananas weren't poisonous for redfooted torts so if they are please tell me) thanks

I gave him some dandelion weeds... [FEARFUL FACE][DISAPPOINTED BUT RELIEVED FACE] (my bad for the horrible typo)

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Bananas are not poisonous. I have no idea why he puked. Just guessing, too much food for his size? Maybe too big of a carrot piece a x that actually got stuck and made him puke? Maybe too much sweet banana at once? Just guess. Hopefully someone will know.

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
While bananas are not "bad" for them, do be careful he does not become addicted to them. Many times they almost become like "crack" to them and it can be hard to get them to eat other things. A little bit now and then is fine. I know if I have bananas going ripe (I only like the greenish ones) they are fed to my tortoises.

AnnV

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
SWFL
Probably like the kid who went to the fair and had too much junk food that he wasnt used to. Blek!
Mine are gaga for bananas. But they just get a bitty piece after main meal.

Ann from CT

jjsull33

5 Year Member
Denver, Colorado
You didn't happen to give him sprite too hahah, I am fairly certain if you drink a bunch of sprite and then eat bananas you will puke it all back up haha. (I'm just teasing, I know you didn't actually give sprite too)

Status
Not open for further replies.