Normal lights in enclosure

Status
Not open for further replies.

TFCO

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Amherstburg, Ontario
I like to get some lighting ideas from everyone. I'm In the middle of a new enclosure for my sulcata and would like to make it nice and bright. I will be using two Mvb's and three CHE's what other plan lighting would be best??

Thanks

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
How big is the enclosure? Three mvb may be too many. They don't give of the best of light, except right under them. A regular fluorescent from a Home Depot or hardware store will give probably the most light. You can buy one that will go the whole length of the enclosure.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
In my opinion, one MVB is enough. If you want more light, just add some regular 100 watt incandescent bulbs. If you want more light without adding heat, put up some fluorescent tubes.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Yvonne G said:
In my opinion, one MVB is enough. If you want more light, just add some regular 100 watt incandescent bulbs. If you want more light without adding heat, put up some fluorescent tubes.

I agree. :)

I use flood bulbs to direct the light more where I want it. I use 48" tubes to light up my 4x8' enclosures, in addition to the basking lamps.

Status
Not open for further replies.