Not Everyone Can Reply To All Threads/Posts-Help!

Gillian M

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Jordan
Hello and...

A Happy And Prosperous New Year To Everyone At Tort Forum!

Why is it that not each and everyone of us is "allowed" to reply to all threads? I would indeed appreciated an answer to this question as soon as possible as there are diferent things I read in Tort Forum but I cannot post an answer to due to the above-mentioned policy.

Thanks and again...

HAPPY NEW YEAR!

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
No one is restricted from responding in any of the threads. Perhaps if you too a screen shot and post it here so Josh can see the problem you're having?

mike taylor

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Some threads are closed due too arguments. No one can post in the for sale threads besides the sellers . Some threads arr stickies to learn from . Besides that you should be able to post .

Gillian M

5 Year Member
Jordan
Have to ask the obvious, are you sure they are not closed threads?
No: in other words they are threads that are not closed, however I get a message (if so I may call it) saying: "You have insufficient...to answer." Sorry I forgot the complete sentence in the said message.

Thanks very much your immediate reply-appreciate it.

Gillian M

5 Year Member
Jordan
Some threads are closed due too arguments. No one can post in the for sale threads besides the sellers . Some threads arr stickies to learn from . Besides that you should be able to post .

:tort:Thanks your quick answer. Now I'm going to have to check which ones and inform you so as make sure I am not mistaken.

Gillian M

5 Year Member
Jordan
Can you tell us which threads? That will help us narrow down the cause.
Fair enough. :tort:I am looking for them and once I find them I'll inform you which ones. Thanks your help.

leigti

5 Year Member
southeast Washington
I know what you're talking about. Every once in a while I get that message also. But if I discard my message and then come back a few minutes later I can post on it. sometimes even three seconds later. It is random, no rhyme or reason to any of it as far as I can tell. so I'm sorry I don't know what to tell you exit that you were not alone. I just figure it's an irritating court every once in a while.

Gillian M

5 Year Member
Jordan
I know what you're talking about. Every once in a while I get that message also. But if I discard my message and then come back a few minutes later I can post on it. sometimes even three seconds later. It is random, no rhyme or reason to any of it as far as I can tell. so I'm sorry I don't know what to tell you exit that you were not alone. I just figure it's an irritating court every once in a while.
:tort:Thanks very much your help.What you said in your above alert somewhat confirms what I mentioned in this thread.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
I just recently merged two threads made by the same person about the same subject. Then when I went to make my reply to the thread, I didn't realize I had the merged thread open on my screen and I tried to post a comment. I got a message that I didn't have the authorization to do what I was trying to do (poetic license, as I can't remember its exact wording). In other words, the thread I was trying to reply to no longer existed, and I had to go find the one I merged it into in order to reply.

So maybe a moderator is 'taking care of business' and the thread you're trying to post to is being worked on by someone.

Without a screen shot of your problem, we're all just guessing.

Gillian M

5 Year Member
Jordan
If it happens again I will try to get a screenshot of it. usually it just resolves itself in a minute or two.
Happy New Year! And many thanks your help once again.

CharlieM

10 Year Member!
So FL
Older posts get closed. I'm not sure of the time frame but we cannot post on older closed threads.

Gillian M

5 Year Member
Jordan
If it happens again I will try to get a screenshot of it. usually it just resolves itself in a minute or two.

It just happened a minute or two ago. I went into "Off Topic Chit Chat" where I read a thread called "Zoos." And once I finished reading the thread I found the message I'd mentioned to you and the other members, which said:
:confused:"You have insufficient privileges to reply."

What privileges are needed to be able to reply all messages/alerts/threads?

Anyone's help would be highly appreciated. Thank you.

jaizei

Unknown Member
10 Year Member!
Earth
It just happened a minute or two ago. I went into "Off Topic Chit Chat" where I read a thread called "Zoos." And once I finished reading the thread I found the message I'd mentioned to you and the other members, which said:
:confused:"You have insufficient privileges to reply."

What privileges are needed to be able to reply all messages/alerts/threads?

Anyone's help would be highly appreciated. Thank you.

There were a couple possibilities that I could think of for why you were receiving the message; one was what Yvonne explained above. This is the second. That thread is located in the 'Off topic debates' sub-forum, which is closed at the forum level. Regular members cannot post in any thread in 'Off topic debates', even if the thread itself is technically still open.

leigti

5 Year Member
southeast Washington
There were a couple possibilities that I could think of for why you were receiving the message; one was what Yvonne explained above. This is the second. That thread is located in the 'Off topic debates' sub-forum, which is closed at the forum level. Regular members cannot post in any thread in 'Off topic debates', even if the thread itself is technically still open.
Who is a regular member and who isn't?

leigti

5 Year Member
southeast Washington
When this has happened to me it is just on regular threads, not debates, not closed ones, not for sale etc. and again if I wait even a few seconds or a couple minutes then suddenly I can reply just fine. i'm not going to get too worried about it unless it starts happening on a regular basis. but knowing what causes it would be nice.

Gillian M

5 Year Member
Jordan
Thanks very much yor quick reply.

Why can't all members reply/post threads in "Off Topic Chit Chat?"