Posts disappeared? Second introduction My Sulcata Is Now 3 Years Old

Torythesulcata

Location (City and/or State)
Liverpool
Hello everyone glad to be back. I have a 3 year old Sulcata called Tory.
I made numerous posts in the past but as I’ve just logged back in they’re all gone ?

I was hoping they would of stayed for my future reference and it would of been nice to go back to them.

Does anyone know why they’ve been deleted ?
I joined this forum when I first got Tory

TammyJ

5 Year Member
Jamaica
I think something went wrong recently on the site, I saw some Chinese text, maybe a hacker? Seems to be ok now.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
When I click on your username it takes me to a page that shows your posts and threads. Except in your case, there are no posts or threads showing. I don't know why your original posts have disappeared. Are you using the same username as before?

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
When I click on your username it takes me to a page that shows your posts and threads. Except in your case, there are no posts or threads showing. I don't know why your original posts have disappeared. Are you using the same username as before?
A new member from yesterday or before, I know had at least two threads. When I clicked on their username and then find all threads from that member, nothing came up. I know they had at least 2 threads.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
A new member from yesterday or before, I know had at least two threads. When I clicked on their username and then find all threads from that member, nothing came up. I know they had at least 2 threads.
Hm-m. Wonder what's going on.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
I've been seeing what looks like Chinese. Twice this week. On here.
Yeah, we get those a lot. Usually for like a week or so they flood the forum and then finally either goes away or Josh does something else to help block them.
Not likely the issue, but it's always possible.

SuzanneZ

Georgetown
Yeah, we get those a lot. Usually for like a week or so they flood the forum and then finally either goes away or Josh does something else to help block them.
Not likely the issue, but it's always possible.
At first I thought the Chinese tort owner hadn't hit the translate thingie....for a second.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
At first I thought the Chinese tort owner hadn't hit the translate thingie....for a second.
That was just a spammer spreading his nonsense. I don't get it how they think we're going to be able to read their long ad in a foreign language and click on their links to buy what they're selling.

SinLA

Tortoise Club
Los Angeles
That was just a spammer spreading his nonsense. I don't get it how they think we're going to be able to read their long ad in a foreign language and click on their links to buy what they're selling.
They don't think about it at all. Its just a machine that puts it out everywhere in the hopes that .0000001% hits the right combo of site, language, and market to be effective. it costs them basically nothing, so any little gain is worth it.

Alex and the Redfoot

Cyprus
I see threads by some users, but when click on profile and then on Messages - there is an empty list. Maybe there was an issue with a database...

SuzanneZ

Georgetown
They don't think about it at all. Its just a machine that puts it out everywhere in the hopes that .0000001% hits the right combo of site, language, and market to be effective. it costs them basically nothing, so any little gain is worth it.
Oh.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
I see threads by some users, but when click on profile and then on Messages - there is an empty list. Maybe there was an issue with a database...
It's not messages that you click on. It's "find". A box drop down and you can either find that members threads or posts. That's where they aren't showing.
Messages is messages written on their home page.

Alex and the Redfoot

Cyprus
It's not messages that you click on. It's "find". A box drop down and you can either find that members threads or posts. That's where they aren't showing.
Messages is messages written on their home page.
I mean "Messages" here. It's definitely number of thread posts, not home page ones. And for your profile I get the list of posts. But maybe the recent ones are missing

Attachments

• Screenshot_20231025-211656.png
    Screenshot_20231025-211656.png
    59.9 KB · Views: 2

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
If you click on profile name. Then click on it again, a box to the right should say find. Click on that and that's where you should be able to find all posts or all threads