Now I'm getting worried

Status
Not open for further replies.

Macheteslaststep

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
NJ
Ok, so now Tank has had mucus 3 times in his urine. I'm taking this one into work along with a stool sample just in case. I really hope it's just "boy stuff". He's acting completely normal, eating, drinking, active (more so than normal actually). I just don't want anything to be wrong with my baby :( I am adding a picture that shows it the best - this was the first mucus.

012.jpg

Today there was double - triple that amount. Any thoughts would be very appreciated.

Saranna

Macheteslaststep

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
NJ
In one location. They have a varied habitat with 3 different substrates. Although they always seem to be in that area lol. That's where the food and water is kept - it stays cleaner when not on the dirt or sphagnum moss sides.

ETA: Although I don't believe I asked for habitat help...I am very concerned with what is on the substrate. If you don't know then that's fine, but if you want to discuss how I keep my leopards please PM or e-mail me instead :)

ekm5015

5 Year Member
How old is the tort. If it is too young to be id'd as a mature male you can rule out "boy stuff". I have no clue what it could be otherwise.

I'm sorry for asking if that was your substrate. I was just trying to help. Tortoises are not guinea pigs and should not be kept on those pellets. Think of this as a free bump if you do not like my answer.

Macheteslaststep

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
NJ
He's 4 years old, but almost 8" SCL and 1138 Grams. We sent out the fecal today so I'll have my results tomorrow, boss said we'll take it from there o_O

I don't know what you keep Guinea Pigs on, but I use shavings for mine...not a wood pellet (typically for horses) that breaks down when wet. It makes for easy cleaning if they pee on it and as I said - it's only in one part of the enclosure :rolleyes:

Saranna

M

Maggie Cummings

I kept tortoises on pellets in the past and they cause damage to the legs and make it hard to walk. The mucus looks normal male to me even if he's not older. Most males have some mucus.
No matter how YOU feel about it, pellets are bad for growing or even grown tortoises legs, bad stuff...

Status
Not open for further replies.