Odd tortoise behavior

Status
Not open for further replies.

Loki54

5 Year Member
I am new to this website and joined in an attempt to get answers to an recent issue that has just arisen with my Mediterranean Spur Thigh tortoise. I would like to preface by noting he is a rescue that I received from a friend who was taking care of him before she had to move. Since then I have had him for roughly 4-5 years with little problems other than creating a larger enclosure for him. Just recently, he has been exhibiting a ramming type behavior into the side of the enclosure. As I am no expert in the matter I am reaching out to see if I can find some answers to the issue at hand. He receives a steady diet of kale, escarole, prickly pear, berries on occasion, and it is all supplemented with TNT powder. His light source is a zoo med power sun and his substrate is typically coconut fiber or shredded paper. If anyone could give me some insight into the issues I am facing I would highly appreciate it!

Thanks,

Loki

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Chicago, Illinois, USA
That size enclosure is not really big enough for any tort of that age. How big is he? Can you get him outside to live when it's warm? If not, does he get outside at all?

Loki54

5 Year Member
I take him outside whenever the weather permits it. He is roughly 6 inches in length.

WillTort2

5 Year Member
A few pictures of the tort and the enclosure might help.

Status
Not open for further replies.