Pink colour!

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Chicago, Illinois, USA
She’s only ever done it about 3 or 4 times in over ten years, the pieces have never been anything sharp, just small smooth bits🙂
That's fine and I would still recommend bark, but for those who already have a concern it should be recommended either not use it or be sure to feed on a plate or other flat survive and pick food up that gets onto the bark.
Some bark is more like nuggets and much smoother some are very sharp. I had a sharp one many years ago not only jab me, but my hatchling leopard. I prefer coir.

Littleredfootbigredheart

UK
Perhaps give wellingtons suggestions a go first, if you feel it’s not done the trick give the bark a go for a bit and see how you get on😊
Stuck with the coir at least for now, do as I suggested and see if it goes away. If you never had a problem before, I would try to figure out if it's the coir or dampness before just switching. I also would not let them eat the bark as it may come out but could do damage inside before it does. But if you want to use it, you can just put it over the coir. Then keep the coir damp and keep food on the plate or whatever you feed them on.
Yeah try out wellingtons suggestions first! I was going to add that it’s strange you’ve used it so long without issues, so perhaps it isn’t the coir that’s the problem, but either way I wouldn’t panic!

Littleredfootbigredheart

UK
That's fine and I would still recommend bark, but for those who already have a concern it should be recommended either not use it or be sure to feed on a plate or other flat survive and pick food up that gets onto the bark.
Some bark is more like nuggets and much smoother some are very sharp. I had a sharp one many years ago not only jab me, but my hatchling leopard. I prefer coir.
Definitely good points, we always feed ours on a large serving slate🙂I might even put a whole slab in there lol, I’m wondering if the odd time she’s eaten it, it’s cause the odd piece has got on the slate🥲most of hers is the smooth nuggets pieces, the pieces that look sharp on photos are actually quite thin and soft, I presumed all bark was like that to avoid dangerous pointy bits😕perhaps we’re just lucky

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Definitely good points, we always feed ours on a large serving slate🙂I might even put a whole slab in there lol, I’m wondering if the odd time she’s eaten it, it’s cause the odd piece has got on the slate🥲most of hers is the smooth nuggets pieces, the pieces that look sharp on photos are actually quite thin and soft, I presumed all bark was like that to avoid dangerous pointy bits😕perhaps we’re just lucky
Yeah not all is soft and some are very pointy. Unfortunately I can't remember what kind it was. It was a long time ago. Sometimes between 2011 and probably 2013.

Littleredfootbigredheart

UK
Yeah not all is soft and some are very pointy. Unfortunately I can't remember what kind it was. It was a long time ago. Sometimes between 2011 and probably 2013.
Was it some kind of mulch? we use orchid bark because I’ve found forest floor to have some pointer pieces, but also know lots of people have no issues with either.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Was it some kind of mulch? we use orchid bark because I’ve found forest floor to have some pointer pieces, but also know lots of people have no issues with either.
I have no idea. Most likely not though. It may have been forest floor. I know I have bought that before.

philipgreece

Kefalonia
Ok t
No need to panic, it's not that big of a deal. Follow suggestions and give it a couple days to a week and see how it comes along.
Thank
No need to panic, it's not that big of a deal. Follow suggestions and give it a couple days to a week and see how it comes along.
You! I will see how it goes! Thank you again