Pink Bubbles

ShellingtonTheFirst

Location (City and/or State)
London
Shelly has just given me the fright of my life. I was feeding him some pak choy and all of a sudden a surge of PINK! bubbles came out of his nose. He usually gets a few bubbles when eating cucumber but this time, as I’ve dabbed it up on a bit of tissue to investigate the colour, it was PINK! Now I must admit it does look more like it could have been from the Radicchio he ate earlier instead of blood considering it is a very purpley-pink tinge (but otherwise clear) but I’m wondering if that is normal at all, for the colour of what he ate a few hours ago to be coming out of his nose. I can’t find anything about it on here and I’m worrying quite a bit now.

He’s otherwise acting normally, bright clear eyes etc. Help!

Maro2Bear

5 Year Member
Glenn Dale, Maryland, USA
It all does sound like the pink coloration is from the previously ingested radicchio. I really doubt it is blood…unless there was recent trauma? Make sure you are feeding the proper food types for your tortoise.

I can’t quite tell what type of tort you have. Make sure that you don’t over process foods…make them bite off their own chunks.

ShellingtonTheFirst

London
He’s a Greek with a good, varied diet. Just unfortunately a lack of weeds to feed him right now thanks to the weather.