Oil Painter

Status
Not open for further replies.

CLMoss

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Brooklyn, New York
chrisGoffToo.jpgBoBcat.JPGHi, My website: www.mossgalleries.com Or you can check out some of my oil paintings on face book. Claudia Lynn Moss, I will friend you!

Thanks, ~C

Last edited by a moderator:

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
do you work from photos?

AnthonyC

5 Year Member
New York
I was browsing through your online galleries... Wow! That is some talent you have there. Those paintings are stunning! :)

CLMoss

5 Year Member
Brooklyn, New York
AnthonyC said:
I was browsing through your online galleries... Wow! That is some talent you have there. Those paintings are stunning! :)

Thank you Anthony! You can check out my face book page as well. I have some different paintings on there; sitll life, etc.

~C

stephiiberrybean

5 Year Member
Nottingham, U.K
Wow!

How much do you charge for one of those?
They are truly amazing.
You have such a talent.

I've always dreamed of getting one done of my horse.

CLMoss

5 Year Member
Brooklyn, New York
stephiiberrybean said:
Wow!

How much do you charge for one of those?
They are truly amazing.
You have such a talent.

I've always dreamed of getting one done of my horse.

Hi Stephiiberrybean,

Not much... You would have to send me a photo and then we can talk about price. I can safely say for a 8x10 or 9x12 around $400 to $500 for a portrait (face) full body would be a bit more. Smaller painting (portraits) 4x5 and 5x7 is from $150 to $200.

I work with oils in the style of the old masters... Which is in layers from dark to light. Each layer takes time to dry, so it will take a few months from the start of a painting till it is time to varnish. In the event you are interested, I only ask for a small deposit up-front (what ever you want to send me). I would just like the painting to be paid for in full by the time I am ready to send it to you.

Also, thank you for your kind words about my work!

Sincerely, Claudia

Laura

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Foothills above Sacramento CA
This is a painting I had done of my special boy after he passed. it was done by a friend locally.

oops. that is the photo she painted from.. BUT it looks just like it! I even has her add the other eye infull..
Im so glad i had it done.. very special...

Attachments

• catface.jpg
    catface.jpg
    46.5 KB · Views: 9

CLMoss

5 Year Member
Brooklyn, New York
Laura said:
wow... i notice some are SOLD.. do you not make copies of them? or only sell the originals?
Hi Laura, Sometimes I will re-paint a painting; however, I try to make it a little different... I don't make prints of my paintings because, oils are just beautiful! And I don't believe that a copy would be able to capture the brilliance of the oil.

Thank you! Claudia

Laura said:
This is a painting I had done of my special boy after he passed. it was done by a friend locally.

oops. that is the photo she painted from.. BUT it looks just like it! I even has her add the other eye infull..

I would love to see it! ~C

Laura said:

I have two Cockatoos! An Umbrella, "Micha," and a female Greater Sulpher-crested, Lola. LOL! And two Congo Greys; Bulah and Ashley.
~C

Status
Not open for further replies.