Okay as closed chamber?

leopard777

5 Year Member
by the way you need to make sure the condensation droplets drips back into the enclosure not outside

leigti

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
southeast Washington
by the way you need to make sure the condensation droplets drips back into the enclosure not outside
Yeah, I'm going to have to figure that out. I definitely don't want the carpet getting all wet. My plans got messed up today so I may have to work on this next weekend, I want to be around all day to make sure it's working right. And I work all week.

leigti

5 Year Member
southeast Washington
What if the plastic falls inside the enclosure instead falling on the outside? Like a real shower curtain on a shower/tub. Make sense?
Yeah, I may have to trim some of it, I don't want it getting too low and the tortoise get a hold of it. What's holding me up right now from working on it is deciding how to prop up one end. I wasn't able to get to the store so I need to look around the house and see what I can find.

leopard777

5 Year Member
yes but to maintain humid , the droplet need to return back then repeat the condensation cycle , sort of like a closed loop

leigti

5 Year Member
southeast Washington
yes but to maintain humid , the droplet need to return back then repeat the condensation cycle , sort of like a closed loop
Yes, I just need to raise the other end a few inches to get the plastic farther away from the fixtures. then I will tuck them down into the enclosure, probably have to trim the ends a little bit.

leigti

5 Year Member
southeast Washington
I'm not going for a true close chamber, it's okay if some heat and moisture gets out. But I am tired of using the hot chicken lights just to keep the temperature up. And tired of having to dump water in there every night to keep the humidity my humidity gauge is still in the mail, but with a 60 W regular lightbulb I am getting 88° at the top of my tortoises shell.

leopard777

5 Year Member
nice , looks like a forest in there , what plants are in there ?

leigti

5 Year Member
southeast Washington
Looks good to me too :) I'm sure you'll be much happier with this set up
Yeah I think so. my turtle and tortoise are adults so it's not like they need a ton of humidity etc. but I started feeling like I was cooking them with the hot light, but I had to have that hot light to keep the temperatures up. I spent more money than I had planned to but I think this will work out and look relatively decent which is a bonus. I still have some tweaking to do but I think I'll have it all figured out in the next couple days.