Olly, Polly, Molly, Holly, Dolly and Wally

Status
Not open for further replies.

AnimalFlower

5 Year Member
Morning all,

I live in Barbados and have all the above named Red Foots roaming wild and free in my garden.

Olly and Polly especially are very friendly and will even come to you when called (I also have 9 dogs, 8 cats, 2 iguanas and a (wild) monkey baby).

We also have tons of baby Red Foots as Olly is always happily mating with the ladies and they lay all the time, each month round about the Full Moon we normally find between 5 - 10 babies newly hatched. There are some that have a very deep red (almost mahogany) shell colour (I think they are Dolly's) and others that are slightly lighter...

On the basis that we have so many and more appearing every month I was wondering if there is an export market for them...?

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
Welcome, AnimalFlower!!

You would have to look into the wild life laws in Barbados before you even think about this venture. But, to answer your question, yes, there is a market for RF babies.

Zamric

10 Year Member!
The Crystal Unicorn
....and there is a really BIG market for brightly colored or rare colored RF!

....and by the way....

Welcome to the Forum!

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Hello and welcome. We'd love to see some pics!

AnimalFlower

5 Year Member
Thanks for all the welcomes!

I will take some pics of my them tomorrow, the baby ones anyway... How do I attach pics of the others?

I have been told that once I find a buyer then I just need to get the export license from the Ministry of Agriculture and it is quite straightforward. I just need the list of regulations from teh buyers side.

Some of the babies are very pretty colours!

AnimalFlower

5 Year Member
Tom said:
Hello and welcome. We'd love to see some pics!

A pic of some of the babies I had last year, these are the lighter ones that I think Molly and Polly lay, will take some of the redder ones tomorrow...

synchronised turtles.jpgPolly & baby.jpg

Also pics of Holly
Holly.jpg
, Molly,
Molly.jpg
Polly
Polly & baby.jpg
& Olly.
Olly.jpgOlly 2.jpg

Attachments

• baby.jpg
    baby.jpg
    46.5 KB · Views: 13
Last edited by a moderator:

AnimalFlower

5 Year Member
lovelyrosepetal said:
Welcome to the forum, if you need to downsize I have a big yard and lots of love:)

I don't think downsizing will ever happen (apart from the baby torts), I keep taking more strays in :D but thank you!

AnimalFlower

5 Year Member
Pics

Holly Holly.jpg

Olly Olly.jpg Olly 2.jpg

Polly Polly & baby.jpg

Molly Molly.jpg

Baby from last year baby.jpg

AnimalFlower

5 Year Member
NinjaTortoises said:

Hey everyone,

Thanks for the welcomes, I love my pets!

Pics attached of some of my babies, my daughter calls the red ones 'sunset tortoises' ;)

1.jpg4.jpg5.jpg
2.jpg3.jpg

So any idea how I find buyers for these? To export I need to first find a buyer and get a list of their import requirements and then I go to the Ministry of Ag here to get an export license and whatever else I need to fulfill the buyers requirements....

So first I need a buyer, any ideas?

Thanks!

Zepherrayne

5 Year Member
Wow, the babies are beautiful. I would love to know what you find out about export regulations and would love to get one if you are able to export them. Keep us updated.

Darren

AnimalFlower

5 Year Member
Zepherrayne said:
Wow, the babies are beautiful. I would love to know what you find out about export regulations and would love to get one if you are able to export them. Keep us updated.

Darren

Hi Darren,

Where are you based? Can you find out what your import regulations are, that is where I need to start from...

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.