OMG FML Please HELP!

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

Maggie Cummings

There are over 3000 members on this forum from the inexperienced to the most experienced. We have Veterinarians and herpetologists and experienced tortoise people right here. You made the correct choice in posting here and asking for advice right here. You don't have any need to look any where else...Welcome to the forum and thanks for the pictures. We are very glad to help you...

jfosdick

5 Year Member
I think we have success!

Well I am happy to report that he is now living on about 4 inches of forest floor bedding and cyprus mulch. It sucked up almost a gallon of water with no excessive moisture. He has a little tubberware pond to soak in and a infra-red heat bulb on the other side of it. I found a bunch of awesome looking plants at walmart too. It really looks like the bottom of a forest and will be great for digging too. On the very top I put a layer of dry cryprus mulch like Meg suggested. He has UV B and as of about 30 minutes ago he had downed 2 mouthfuls of zoo meds box turtle diet with a sprinkle of calcium and repi-life vitamins and 2 wax worms! he climbed right up on his feeding slate and got them. What a fierce preditor lol! :rolleyes: I was so releaved to see him eat! Apparently he just needed the right kind of place to hang out in. He will be closely monitored in coming weeks, but I think he is out of the dark for the time being. Thanks for everything everyone! Also I think his name will be Jaques untill I can prove male or female! Also from what I have seen I think he is an Eastern Box.

Ok so I take back the Eastern thing. I now think he is a gulf coast boxie... I will post some better pictures when I get my hands on a camera.

Candy

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Alhambra, CA
I'm glad he finally got to his right owner. You sound like you'll be great at this and he will finally have what he needs. Good for you. :)

terryo

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Staten Island, New York
Sound like you're doing a wonderful job taking care of him already. Up-date with some pictures if you can.

Status
Not open for further replies.