Location (City and/or State)
FL
The carapace almost looks like a plastron...I am so confused, haha

ALDABRAMAN

KEEPER AT HEART
10 Year Member!
SW Forida
That tortoise has been sold. I looked into it awhile back.

yagyujubei

5 Year Member
Amish Country
The reason it looks so different, is because it is missing the vertabral scutes. It has 10 instead of the usual 13. I wonder if it is a mutation, or in the same category of split scutes.

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Does give it a rather different look. Wonder how well the shell will hold up in caparison to a "normal" one in terms of pyramiding, strength, ect..,

moswen

5 Year Member
i would be very scared that this little guy would die, not having the proper amount of scutes; surely this is a birth defect, rather than rarity. only, instead of missing a leg he's missing shell scutes. how can the 2 scutes possably grow at enough of an arc to allow this guy to grow and develop normally?

i would really love to see pictures of this tortoise as an adult if it makes it, and what type of babies it would make, if it can.

side note: i hate it when people SELLING sulcats put 2 t's in it. know enough about your tortoise to know how to properly spell it's name.

also it kinda reminds me of a leopard withthe spots in the middle of the scutes, no way it could have been crossed? females can keep their eggs for years without laying them, so even though it hatched from a "perfectly normal" clutch of other sulcatas, doesn't mean it's 100% sulcata.

laura808

5 Year Member
not able to leave comments for now
moswen said:
side note: i hate it when people SELLING sulcats put 2 t's in it. know enough about your tortoise to know how to properly spell it's name.

Oh my gosh I noticed that too. Ohhh welll..

very cool though marty333 isnt it weird how the article said that it could walk backwards really good? huh...

DeanS

SULCATA OASIS
10 Year Member!
SoCal
toxodon said:
I think it is a typo

I don't think it's a typo when it's misspelled throughout the listing and not just in the header!:rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.