One of Tortoises has woken up already!

classiccarman2

5 Year Member
I have 3 tortoises. A 14 years old Herman female (Millie), a 70+ years old Herman female (Billie) and a 8-10 years old male Horsefield (Bertie). Bertie was given to us a couple of years ago and has his own area of the garden as he pesters the two ladies all the time. They have the run of the rest of our garden. We hibernate them in seperate wooden boxes filled with straw inside our garage but I heard yesterday, 23rd December, Millie was moving around the bottom of the box wide awake. The other two were still asleep. It has been a relatively mild winter so far here in the UK so do you think it is best to leave her to settle back down again as another cold spell is supposed to be on the way in a weeks time?

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Southern California
I have 3 tortoises. A 14 years old Herman female (Millie), a 70+ years old Herman female (Billie) and a 8-10 years old male Horsefield (Bertie). Bertie was given to us a couple of years ago and has his own area of the garden as he pesters the two ladies all the time. They have the run of the rest of our garden. We hibernate them in seperate wooden boxes filled with straw inside our garage but I heard yesterday, 23rd December, Millie was moving around the bottom of the box wide awake. The other two were still asleep. It has been a relatively mild winter so far here in the UK so do you think it is best to leave her to settle back down again as another cold spell is supposed to be on the way in a weeks time?
What is the temperature where they are?

Did you get Millie out and warm her up or feed her? Or is she still in the brumation box?