One year ago...

Ink

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Virginia
I saved Ms. Dexter Persimmons! He is doing fantastic and enjoying his new, with me, happy birthday! (First picture is from the craigslist ad. Second is soaking in his tub today.) ?0307201444_HDR.jpgPXL_20210308_154257496.MP.jpg

Ink

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Virginia
I have been slowly trimming his beak with clippers, and he does eat off of slate. FYI ?

Ink

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Virginia
I am enjoying the only 3 tortoises I have, thank you. It took me almost 10 before I got Gilbert the second addition. Ms. Dexter Persimmons was, I think, over about month of him being on craigslist and my daughter asking me for him. LOL

Last edited:

TaylorTortoise

Abington
I am enjoying the only 3 tortoises I have, thank you. It took me almost 10 before I got Gilbert the second addition. Ms. Dexter Persimmons was, I think, over about month of him being on craigslist and my daughter asking me for him. LOL
Hello Ink,
How do you keep multiple tortoises? Do you have an entire room dedicated to just them? Does it look like a pet store? Is your electric out trageous?

Ink

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Virginia
They are all in separate enclosures. I guess it could appear to look like a pets store with my 3 dogs. And no I don't have a room just for them nor is my electric bill crazy. I would have kept a rescued russian tortoise if I wanted more. However I sent her to a TFO member. Many people have multiple tortoises.

TaylorTortoise

Abington
They are all in separate enclosures. I guess it could appear to look like a pets store with my 3 dogs. And no I don't have a room just for them nor is my electric bill crazy. I would have kept a rescued russian tortoise if I wanted more. However I sent her to a TFO member. Many people have multiple tortoises.
How do you make the space for multiple tortoises? Can I see pictures of your set ups?

Ink

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Virginia
Thank you all!