Oregon & sulcatas

argus333

5 Year Member
i have a chance to move to oregon coos bay to be exact. a job opening came up there for me and would really like to go as I'm a avid surfer, snowboarder & skateboarder and oregon is a great place to be to do all 3 of these. but how is it for sullys? i have 4 adults and breed red tegus and own rhino iguanas. how are your reptile laws?temps don't look to bad there. 50 to 70s all yr round. just damp i guess.

Cowboy_Ken

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Kingman, Arizona
Overcast days typical on the coast and for surfing, you're talking 2' waves with rocks.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Not a great environment for any of your animals.

argus333

5 Year Member
Well being in in nj its a lot warmer and a lot less snow.

DawnH

5 Year Member
Southeast Texas
i have a chance to move to oregon coos bay to be exact. a job opening came up there for me and would really like to go as I'm a avid surfer, snowboarder & skateboarder and oregon is a great place to be to do all 3 of these. but how is it for sullys? i have 4 adults and breed red tegus and own rhino iguanas. how are your reptile laws?temps don't look to bad there. 50 to 70s all yr round. just damp i guess.

If you have and the time and money to set them up in a proper habitat given Oregon's conditions (bigger space, proper heat, etc.) I would go for it. Life is too short.

Cowboy_Ken

10 Year Member!
Kingman, Arizona
Sorry it took me do long to get this for you. Keep in mind these are “old" and may have been revised to include or remove any particular animal.

http://www.dfw.state.or.us/oars/56.pdf

argus333

5 Year Member
looks good to me. looking to get large property 10 acres at least, so greenhouse and heated sheds will be no problem. the summer temps do not look to bad.