organic edible flowers

Status
Not open for further replies.

tortoisenerd

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Washington
Random question here...

Trevor's first birthday is next month (I don't know the exact day) so I want to get him some edible flowers as a treat. My local organic grocer sells a little package of organic edible flowers, but doesn't list the types in there.

I assume if they are safe for a human they are safe for a tort. Am I correct?

I can't wait! I bet he'll love them. I look at the flowers every time at the store and have been waiting to do this for awhile now. He turned down dandelion flowers last month and I was shocked. Someone told me they might have been close to seeding and tasted or smelled bad to him. I'll have to try again soon but I haven't seen any more where I know is safe to pick them. He loves the greens

Any other ideas of what I can do special for him? I have heard of making a little "cake" out of various ingredients, such as even a limestone flour with water.

I was thinking of doing the mushed up Mazuri cake with squash baby food frosting and flowers on top.

Hehe it's so fun to have a baby. Best wishes everyone!

Crazy1

10 Year Member!
Inland Empire, CA
Kate the main flowers are pansys. I have given those packets to my Greeks and they are fine. I know whatever you do Trevor will be pleased. Talk lots of pics.

tortoisenerd

5 Year Member
Washington
Awesome! I will. I'm going to try and test out the video function of my new camera too. :)

I got Trevor to eat breakfast outside today. I was so thrilled. The bribe worked and he was outside for almost 2 hours. It was in the 80s and perfect for him. I have to go out and run errands but I hope I'll be back in time for him to enjoy more of the nice weather we don't get very often here. This was his first time outside that he didn't hide the entire time. He only went into his hide once! He eats very slowly since I make him work at it, tearing up his food, so he was probably going at it for an hour off and on when he wasn't basking. He's been ravenous lately and I assume it's another little growth spurt. He got over 100 grams last week. hehe His shell is still looking pretty good except the slight bumps that even out as they grow (I don't think it's pyramiding and not one here so far has thought so either).

How are the Greek hatchlings? Lil bit?

Candy

10 Year Member!
Alhambra, CA
Kate can't wait to see pictures of Trevor's birthday party with his organic flower mix. He's going to love that present. What a good mommy you are already planning for trevor's present. :p

Isa

10 Year Member!
Montreal, QC, Canada
Trevor is going to be so happy and it is going to be so cute :D I can't wait to see the pictures. Trevor is very lucky to have parents like you and your fiance :)

Stazz

5 Year Member
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Awww Kate !!! Trev will be having the best birthday, he's a spoilt boy :) Happy birthday Trevor ! I prob won't be here for his bday, so give him a tickle from me haha

tortoisenerd

5 Year Member
Washington
I don't even know when we'll celebrate it since I don't know the exact date. Probably the first weekend in August or something... :)

Status
Not open for further replies.