Ornate laid 4 eggs!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pameladale

5 Year Member
I found 4 eggs in my enclosure this afternoon they are probably an inch & a half long im leaving them where they are but is there any way to tell how long they have been there? I didnt move them but they are pretty hard on the outside kind of a chalky white color & have brown spots on 2 of them.

diamondbp

10 Year Member!
Odds are they are at least a month to two months old since laying season is generally from may-July. I would guess they should hatch shortly probably within the next 2 weeks

Pameladale

5 Year Member
I didnt think of that thank you! Do the eggs grow before they hatch?

diamondbp

10 Year Member!
Eggs don't "grow" during incubation but will firm up a little and generally become whiter. If they still have a good shape to them I think you should be getting babies fairly soon. If they were infertile they should have deflated and gone bad by now.

Pameladale

5 Year Member
Oh lol ok thanks I heard they swell up or something so I didnt know if it was true. oh they do, ones really brown but the others are all white & perfect shape to them, im so exited! thank you so much for your help!

yagyujubei

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Amish Country
I think there's a good chance of success here. Eggs will swell if they're too wet or deflate when they are too dry.

Pameladale

5 Year Member
Im in canada, aren't you not allowed to take/send them over the border?

Grandpa Turtle 144

5 Year Member
You guys are like my wife ( i love her but she always leaves the important
Part out ) ha ha

Status
Not open for further replies.