Our beloved Bo

Littleredfootbigredheart

Location (City and/or State)
UK
Something none tortoise related, but I thought it’d be nice to post some of my favourite photos of our Boa constrictor🐍who sadly passed a week yesterday, she was a gorgeous snake💚

Young Bo🥹
She belongs to my mom’s partner, he’d already had her a long time before they met, so I never saw her this small in person, but she looks so tiny here compared to how big she got!
IMG_3016.jpeg
IMG_3017.jpeg

IMG_3018.jpeg

IMG_3022.jpeg

Big Bo😳
IMG_3029.jpeg

IMG_3030.jpeg
IMG_3027.jpeg

Chomp time!😬
IMG_3026.jpeg

IMG_3031.jpeg

Pretty Bo🥰
IMG_3024.jpeg

IMG_3023.jpeg

Sleepy Bo💤
IMG_3025.jpeg

One of my favourites because she looks so damn cute!🩷
IMG_3020.jpeg

Lastly, Bo’s bio dad!😮
IMG_3021.jpeg

Hope your enjoyed looking through! Even if snakes aren’t your thing lol🐍💚

Ink

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Virginia
Pretty snake. Sorry for your loss

TammyJ

5 Year Member
Jamaica
Gorgeous boa. Great photos. May I ask how she died? Was she ill? I am just curious as I love them and she looks a lot like my Boa.

Littleredfootbigredheart

UK
Gorgeous boa. Great photos. May I ask how she died? Was she ill? I am just curious as I love them and she looks a lot like my Boa.
Thank you!❤️

She was poorly unfortunately. She was acting fine at first, but we noticed she wasn’t shedding, she’d go dull, eyes clouding, then nothing. Her enclosure was kept at perfect temperature and humidity, there was no changes to cause potential stress and she’d never had any issues prior, we thought it odd, but kept a close eye.
Not soon after a suspicious lump popped up, we rang the vet and they told us to monitor it for a little bit and make sure she was eating and drinking, which she was, though she didn’t seem as enthusiastic about food and would only take one jumbo rat instead of her usual two, she was active but we still wanted to get her booked in.

The lump was biopsied, the results came back inconclusive, but there was bone and puss present, unfortunately because of where it was on her body, there was little to no margin to remove it all, meaning the chances of it returning were pretty high, she was already not her usual self at this point so we really didn’t want to put her through a big op.

Ultimately we were to continue to monitor her, if the lump didn’t get bigger, which it didn’t, we were told she’s best to be left be, if she declined and continued not to shed, we were to discuss next steps.

Unfortunately upon returning from the vets, she vomited, so naturally we gave her time to re coup from that, she’d already lost a bit of weight at that point, so we really wanted to give her a fighting chance. We tried again after some time, it came back up, I wish we’d let her go at that point to be honest because of the damage it can cause them, but again we were desperate for her to keep one down and gain some strength, she was becoming less active and hadn’t shed in a long time. We gave her some more time and made one last attempt, again she couldn’t keep it down😔

We decided to get in touch with the vet to discuss the kindest next steps, but she passed the day before we were due a call back💔

Ultimately I think the regurgitation sadly took her in the end, but I do think she had something underlying that would’ve unfortunately took her eventually😓
She was always such a healthy girl and shed beautifully, so it really was a shock🙁