This is especially for @Yvonne G -

How many times have I said.. "If I had a good camera.... ? "

I think I do now (?)

Abbey -

1Abbey.jpg

Jimmy -

1JimmyAsleep.jpg

1JimmyFace.jpg

And Spot.. he was in the bedroom window and I was 14' away leaning on the door-post for stability - I 'zoomed' in to get this close-up -

1Spot14ftaway.jpg

I think I found a good one... lol

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
Oh my lord in heaven, Terry!!!!! Your cats are beautiful. I especially love the marmalade one. Of course, the subject matter was very pretty, but your camera took great pictures!

Redfoot NERD

10 Year Member!
Tennessee
Yeah!!! Thanks Yvonne... ( if you mean Jimmy ) he's right at 19 pounds - when he jumps up in your lap you know it.. and he can't get close enough. Of the 6 that we have he is "my" cat!

Will see if I can get a few of the others as well...

Redfoot NERD

10 Year Member!
Tennessee
@Yvonne G - I remember you always liked our little 'bob-tail' Maxi -

And our other BIG Calico Sammi - she is actually in my lap here. These are known as "Macro" pictures ( real close-ups ).. which you know I like.

I believe I've found a "keeper" camera...

Redfoot NERD

10 Year Member!
Tennessee
First time I saw her as a kitten I knew she was "really pretty" then! My favorite of her @ 18 mos.

I must have misunderstood when you said 'marmalade' - you meant Abbey - they were all lined-up in the morning sun sleeping... and I called her name @Yvonne G ....

My Yvonne always liked her "furry" front feet lol...

Last edited:

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Are you the crazy cat person of your neighborhood? I have 7 as of this moment, and none of them were chosen by me. . . they are all 'drop ins' (or maybe I should call them dropped offs). My favorite cat coat/color is the calico.

I also love the fluffy feet. . . as if they don't walk quietly enough!

Redfoot NERD

10 Year Member!
Tennessee
( may have told this story before ) Jimmy came to us just before Thanksgiving 2013... somehow lodged between the strut [ front shock absorber ] housing and the battery housing ( sure wish I had taken a picture of him then ) - we heard this 'meowing' when we got home visiting 3-4 different stores to get stuff for the meal... no idea when or where after driving a total of at least 15 miles!
After taking the battery out to get to him... he acted like he belonged with us and was purring within minutes!!!
We set-up a place for him in the storage shed until we could make arrangements with our local rescue lady ---- that was 4 years ago - he is now "my" cat who sleeps at my feet at night.

How could you say "NO" to this face? @ Yvonne G

He knew how to "profile" !!!

Didn't take long before he was inside.....

Also Yvonne - don't know what the few neighbors that we have think - but we have to be known by all the homeless as the place to come if you're hungry without a home. We have literally "transplanted" an old Tom no less than 5 miles away to a young people community... to have him be back 4 days later!

Last edited:

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
He's awfully cute.

I dreamt last night that I gave away one of my house cats and it came back the next day.