Our Sheldon

Peggy Sue

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Grants Pass Oregon
image.jpeg finaly decided to share our Sheldon. After the heartache of losing a baby that was started all wrong. We did our research and found a forum member that starts them right it was such a amazing experience working with Lance he not only took great care of get our Sheldon to us but is a great resource for any questions we might have it so comforting knowing I have the ability to text or email to make sure we take the best care of Sheldon. We had decided to get a larger baby and not do a hatchling. So our Sheldon was 3 inches and 106g when he arrived Aug 29 and Sept 30 he is 127g and 3.5 inches :) thank you for this amazing forum and all the great people on here willing to share their knowledge with us

Peggy Sue

5 Year Member
Grants Pass Oregon
Sheldon continues to grow :) it is so amazing to watch him grow and eat, completely a different experience from our other baby that just didn't thrive. A huge shout out to @Lancecham for the well started amazing baby :tort: here are some of Sheldons stats
11/4/18 148gr
11/12/18 156gr
11/16/18. 161gr
11/19/18. 166gr
11/24/18. 174gr

Love watching him patrol his house and they sure love their routine even with the time change he still digs himself in when he thinks it's bedtime no mater what the clock says :<3::tort:

Lancecham

10 Year Member!
Southern California
Sheldon is not only looking great, but literally growing like a weed. That is a great gain in just a short amount of time. You are doing a great job with him.
It is always very comforting knowing that one of my babies went to a wonderful home where he/she will be taken care of like a king or queen.

Peggy Sue

5 Year Member
Grants Pass Oregon
Sheldon is not only looking great, but literally growing like a weed. That is a great gain in just a short amount of time. You are doing a great job with him.
It is always very comforting knowing that one of my babies went to a wonderful home where he/she will be taken care of like a king or queen.
Thank you Lance for your kind words he is growing like a weed he is very spoiled, he brings us so much Joy and we wouldn’t be able to enjoy him if you didn’t raise such high quality Tortoises! As of today 12/01/18 he is 183gr his nickname is piggy lol..

Peggy Sue

5 Year Member
Grants Pass Oregon
99739FA8-B933-4D4D-860D-56091FF1929F.jpeg This weeks weight in
12/5/18 191gr
Wow! Just amazing how fast they can gain. I think he just might break the 200gr mark next week :eek: :<3::)

Peggy Sue

5 Year Member
Grants Pass Oregon
2C012060-0B89-4960-A9C0-C4914D8D228D.jpeg Well he hit the 200gr mark! Super excited! Love watching him grow! Forgot to give a shoutout to @Tom for all his advice and help to everyone on TFO and to myself recommending a Forum member to get our little guy (Lance)

Peggy Sue

5 Year Member
Grants Pass Oregon
Sheldon’s weight in this week is
12/18/18 226gr
Yippee officially 1/2lb now he is a great eater prefers greens and weeds to Mazuri or anything else :):tort::<3::<3:

Peggy Sue

5 Year Member
Grants Pass Oregon
28967801-3D60-48A9-A976-7892FCD4DEC7.jpeg Sheldon broke the 300gr mark! Yippee. He continues to favor Endive and Radicchio as his favorites. He did himself a favor and will not eat spring mix :p now will eat mazuri. Can’t wait for it to get warm so he can go outside my weeds are starting to grow :) as always a big shout out to @Lancecham and @Tom for all the help and advice to raise a healthy Tortoise :tort::tort::<3::<3:

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
@Peggy Sue ,

Sometime in the next few months, you will experience a small panic attack when you realize how much food Sheldon is putting away daily and think about how you are going to feed this ever growing monster...

When that day comes, remember these two words: Grass hay.

Grass hay is a life saver for anyone with a sulcata. :D

Maro2Bear

5 Year Member
Glenn Dale, Maryland, USA
@Peggy Sue ,

Sometime in the next few months, you will experience a small panic attack when you realize how much food Sheldon is putting away daily and think about how you are going to feed this ever growing monster...

When that day comes, remember these two words: Grass hay.

Grass hay is a life saver for anyone with a sulcata. :D

I just stopped by our local feed store. They have a full bale of mixed orchard grass/Timothy hay for $9.00. A bale will go a long way and won’t break the bank like store bought greens!

Peggy Sue

5 Year Member
Grants Pass Oregon
That’s a relief, my husband already teases me that Sheldon gets higher quality groceries than he does hahah :p :tort:

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
I just stopped by our local feed store. They have a full bale of mixed orchard grass/Timothy hay for $9.00. A bale will go a long way and won’t break the bank like store bought greens!
I don't like the Timothy hay for tortoises. Too stemmy. Orchard grass or Bermuda are the two that I prefer.

Peggy Sue

5 Year Member
Grants Pass Oregon
77D36FA1-AF10-493F-9EA3-A476D5F010CD.jpeg Sheldon continues to grow and give us great joy. His Hatchday was April 15 he managed to break the 1 pound mark before his Hatch day :D it is super exciting to watch him graze on grass and weeds outside like a good little tortoise :tort: Thank you to all on this forum for all the help and support you give :<3: