Not open for further replies.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
For the past two weeks I have been entertaining three 16 year old girls. My grand daughter, who lives in Fort Worth, TX and two of her friends were here visiting me.

I raised 3 children, two boys and a girl, and I had forgotten how much teenagers eat. I was spending about $40 every other day at the store just to keep food in the house. And the mess! And the hair on the bathroom floor! And the soap scum on my "Crystal Shining Bathroom." (Years ago, when my grand daughter lived here in town, I had my guest bathroom remodeled. Since it was never used, it stayed clean and shining all the time. When she was little, she used to refer to it as the crystal, shining bathroom, and its been that ever since.)

I took them to the airport yesterday for their flight home, and I looked in Alexandra's big brown eyes and saw the tears pooling behind them and I really lost it! While I was driving home I asked myself, "Were you crying because you were having to let your grand child go back to Texas, or were you crying because, at last, you would have your house back?" I couldn't wait to get home and take some KaBoom to that bathroom!

Yvonne

Crazy1

10 Year Member!
Inland Empire, CA
Yvonne, sounds like you and the Girls had a good visit. I think the tears were for both. Its like going on vacation it's really exciting and fun and you can't wait to get away, but after a while you can't wait to get home and it's always nice to return home. Careful with that KaBoom. restoring the 'crystal bathroom' to it's pristine condition may cause shock :p

Isa

10 Year Member!
Montreal, QC, Canada
Yvonne, I am sure you had a lot of fun with your grand daughter and her friends :D but I am sure you are going to be super happy to see the crystal bathroom all clean ;)

Candy

10 Year Member!
Alhambra, CA
Yvonne I'm more surprised that your complaint wasn't that they were using your phone all the time. At 16 that's all they think about (if I remember correctly). :D Well I'm sure you're going to miss your granddaughter and how nice it must have been to see her. I hope you got time to spend with her since her friends were there too that must have been hard, but it looks like you got through it ok. Is your bathroom shining again now? :p

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
It wasn't MY phone they were using. When you or I go out, we carry all our essentials in our purse. These girls, even though they had a large cloth over-the-shoulder bag, carried their cell phones in their hands. When not talking and laughing with each other, they were texting on their cell phones. They would have been totally lost if I had taken all the phones away from them. I was really surprised at just what a big part of their lives the cell phone is. Glad I don't have to pay their bills!!!

Yvonne

(And yes, the bathroom is once again the Crystal Shining Bathroom!!)

M

Maggie Cummings

I get such a laugh about Yvonne's "crystal shinning bathroom". I have stayed overnight at her house many times, and every time I used the bathroom, I swept all my hair off the floor and I took a dry towel and totally wiped down the shower and the bathroom sink. I know I spent more time putting that bathroom back in shape then I did using it. I just always wanted to make sure she couldn't complain about the way *I* left the crystal shinning bathroom like she did about other visitors. I know I didn't leave even one water spot...in fact, I brought a fancy soap complete with dish to leave in the shower for my visits cuz she uses crappy soap, and one of her guests used it and I never saw it again...They must have used it up!
And FYI...it really is a crystal shinning bathroom...:D

terryo

10 Year Member!
Staten Island, New York
I know about those tears Yvonne...My youngest left for college last year, and my bathroom is shinny and clean, the throw pillows on the couch are all neat in a row, the sink wasn't filled with dishes, only two washes a week....BUT...I sat and ate my dinner all alone, the house wasn't filled with teenagers playing pool in the rec room, I look out at the yard, and it is dark...no music blasting, no one is cooking on the grill, I can use the phone when ever I want to.........well, thank God he's home for the summer, and thank God I have my grandson every day in the winter...... Maybe I need more torts.

Stazz

5 Year Member
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Hahahaha Yvonne thats quite funny !! Must have been great to have them there,apart from the mass eating and mess haha. My bathroom is the same though, it has got to be crystal clean at all times !!!! Our bathroom is actually the guest bathroom, as our housemates have the en suite, so whenever there are people over, Im cleaning up after them especially in my bathroom! Thanks for the giggle Yvonne :)

Status
Not open for further replies.