Outdoor Garden Bed Enclosure options

Timmythetort8

Location (City and/or State)
Nevada
I am looking to build an outdoor enclosure for my Russian tortoise out of a garden bed and turn it into a table with some wood, but I can't seem to find one I like. I have found plenty of 8 by 4 ft enclosures but I feel bad giving him the minimum size requirement and would like something a little bigger at least like 8 by 6 ft or 5 by 10 ft or something that. Unfortunately I haven't been able to find any, does anyone know any garden beds that would be this size even if I have to put two together, preferably wood? I would make a custom one but I don't have that much experience wood working from scratch.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
How big is your tortoise?
I was going to suggest using two of the one you liked.
If you have a hatchling though, it needs a closed chamber with high humidity.
Also, if this is for outside, why not just use cinder blocks or decking boards to enclose and area the size you want?

Timmythetort8

Nevada
He is an adult around 8 year old Russian tortoise who is 6 inches long, 4 inches wide, 390 grams. I have fake grass and bare rocks in my yard so I don't think it would be suitable and would like to do a table because I have dogs and there are rats in my backyard. The only problem is using two 8 by 4 ft is just too big and I can't find any 3 by 8's or 5 by 5s or something that size that I can put two together.

Littleredfootbigredheart

UK
Could you look into if theres any deep shelving options you can put together? There might even be ones ready made the size you’re thinking. Some people get ones where you can remove the shelves and lay it flat, it just making sure you can find one with deep enough sides to prevent escape, you could even add a lip and caps in the corners to prevent them climbing over, just an idea🙂I’d line with some cheap pond lining to protect whatever kind of base you go with if it’s going to be wood👍