Raised Bed Garden Enclosure

KatJ

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Virginia
Hello! I’d like to build a raised bed garden enclosure. This is for my yellow foot to be outside during the summer. If it was just for him, I wouldn’t be too worried about the height and material, but I have a Sulcata I’d like to keep out.

My thought was to use the outside perimeter of the beds as the fence for the most part, but I was wondering if my sulcata would destroy them.. also wondering what a good minimum height would be. Thanks.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
How big is the sulcata? And bear in mind they push and shove in addition to trying to climb. Whatever you use to raise the bed must be VERY sturdy to keep him from pushing it over. I've seen pictures of sulcata with garden furniture and b-b-ques on their back! Maybe a pile of dirt to raise it???

Far as height of the wall to keep the YF in, 12" is good enough and maybe 24" for the sulcata.

KatJ

5 Year Member
Virginia
How big is the sulcata? And bear in mind they push and shove in addition to trying to climb. Whatever you use to raise the bed must be VERY sturdy to keep him from pushing it over. I've seen pictures of sulcata with garden furniture and b-b-ques on their back! Maybe a pile of dirt to raise it???

Far as height of the wall to keep the YF in, 12" is good enough and maybe 24" for the sulcata.
Sulcata is big. Over 100 pounds by now.