Outdoor space advice please

Kalbrecht

Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Manassas,VA
Hi all, as you know I'm building an outdoor space for my two sulcatas. I'm trying to decide how to split the space. Any advice would be appreciated. The entire space is 20'X12' I was thinking of diagonal or something similar. Their sharing the same hide just divided with their own entrance. We're thinking about a corner hide it depends on the design.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
I'm a big fan of symmetry. I'd split it down the middle.

Kalbrecht

Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
Manassas,VA
I am too, I'm thinking diagonal that way they would each have more space lengthwise. I'm thinking of the left corner their hides. 20190607_103350.jpeg

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Hi all, as you know I'm building an outdoor space for my two sulcatas. I'm trying to decide how to split the space. Any advice would be appreciated. The entire space is 20'X12' I was thinking of diagonal or something similar. Their sharing the same hide just divided with their own entrance. We're thinking about a corner hide it depends on the design.
That is kind of a small area even for one juvenile. 240 sq. ft. I think you need more space than that, and they are going to outgrow it pretty quickly anyway. I usually keep juvies in something around 30x30.

Kalbrecht

Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
Manassas,VA
That is kind of a small area even for one juvenile. 240 sq. ft. I think you need more space than that, and they are going to outgrow it pretty quickly anyway. I usually keep juvies in something around 30x30.
Well that's all I have to spare right now. I'm trying to do the best I can

Kalbrecht

Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
Manassas,VA
My only option is to give one up [emoji26]

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
I also like symmetry (?) but that is my OCD acting up.

Kalbrecht

Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
Manassas,VA
I think I'm going to split it lengthwise to avoid the sharp corners. I'll put their hide in the middle along the left side and then have their opening in the front.