Outside Uk summer enclosure ideas

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alan RF

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
United Kingdom
IMG_00001131.jpgLast attempt! Trying this from my laptop!

IMG_00001132.jpgHey!!!!! ;)

Last edited by a moderator:

Watsonpartyof4

5 Year Member
Alan RF said:
Last attempt! Trying this from my laptop!

Hey!!!!! ;)

I showed Tyrone and Tyrone is so jealous! He is stomping around in a fit, now he wants a greenhouse too!

It is really a perfect idea! Tyrone can't wait to go on holiday with Super Chunk.

Alan RF

5 Year Member
United Kingdom
Ha ha ha tell Tyrone he can come over for a holiday but he'll find it cold! Yeah I think Alan will be safer in there while we're out at work then I plan to make an outside pen for when we're home :)

Alan RF

5 Year Member
United Kingdom
Okay so I'm on stage 2 of this enclosure and need ideas quick! Here's a photo of inside my greenhouse
ImageUploadedByTortoiseForum1365857534.689866.jpg
What do I put on the ground? I was thinking a layer of weed proof membrane then some wire mesh to stop rats from getting in then lots of organic soil so I can put grass seed on it? When the grass has grown I can then plan the areas :)

Alan RF

5 Year Member
United Kingdom
Alan RF said:
Okay so I'm on stage 2 of this enclosure and need ideas quick! Here's a photo of inside my greenhouse

What do I put on the ground? I was thinking a layer of weed proof membrane then some wire mesh to stop rats from getting in then lots of organic soil so I can put grass seed on it? When the grass has grown I can then plan the areas :)

I can't believe I put this on in April and I still haven't finished it :( reason being is I thought when I finish work mid July and have 6 weeks off I'd start it straight away but then I acquired my RT Mo. he needed an emergency enclosure ( see my outdoor enclosure thread) so I've spent quite a lot of time and money on him. Mo was lost/found in the middle of a road and a friend found him and brought him to me. I thought it'd be temporary so built the enclosure thinking if the owner turns up for him it'll suit Alan. However it's now end of August and I feel blessed he's still with me but Alan my RF has had his enclosure put on hold!! So please can you look at the picture above and answer a few questions-

1) shall I put Alan the RF in the greenhouse?
2) if so, ideas please :)
3) or!! Would you build another enclosure the same as Mo's but with Perspex 3/4 of the way across and with heat lamps etc in it??
Mo's enclosure picture is below
ImageUploadedByTortForum1377555286.616057.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.