Peaches New Hoose!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

StuMac

5 Year Member
Decided to build a new enclosure for my Hermanns, Peaches. After popping to a DIY store for supplies I got to work. Here is the end result. Just need to get some plants to give her something to roam amongst. My very first attempt at something that wasn't flat-packed!

ImageUploadedByTortForum1372439343.215672.jpg

Very happy with the results!! [TURTLE][TURTLE][TURTLE]

[TURTLE][TURTLE][TURTLE][THUMBS UP SIGN]

Last edited by a moderator:

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Kent, South East England
Take care with those clip on lamps. They are not that stable and it is hard to get the basking heat straight vertically downward. I always worry that they will fall and start a fire. You would be better off using reptile lamp stands to hang the lights from.

Otherwise, it is coming on nicely :)

StuMac

5 Year Member
Yeah I have the hooks to hang them, so I will be looking at fitting an overhanging bit so I can mount them from it. Just using them till I get my measurements for it!

Glad you like it. There are a lot of great looking enclosures on here so I felt the pressure when I posted this!!

StuMac

5 Year Member
Yeah quite possibly. I can always extend the height by adding more wood onto the sides. She is still relatively small so I should have a little while before she starts her Houdini impressions!!

theelectraco

5 Year Member
That looks pretty small for a tortoise that size. Perhaps try adding a second story?

0.1.0 Dachshund
0.0.1 Redfoot
1.0.0 Greek

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Kent, South East England
When you are ready to upsize, get a large bookcase and knock the shelves out. Lie it on its back and it will make a perfect tortoise table

StuMac

5 Year Member
It's 4feet by 2feet is that really that small for a tort that will grow to around 10 inches? I'm kinda inexperienced when it comes to sizing of enclosures.

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Kent, South East England
He will need something bigger quite soon. They will take it as big as you can go. Within a year probably, peaches will be needing something nearer 4' x 6'. Once they grow to 6 inches you are into large outdoor enclosure territory.

Status
Not open for further replies.