Pearl's Premium Grass

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jlant85

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
California
I just wanted to know, has anybody ever used the Pearl's Premium Grasses? I raise Ibera Greek tortoises and i know they dont really care much at all for grasses compared to other tortoises. I just wanted to purchase the grass to add some color into my enclosure but I wanted to know if its safe just in case they accidentally ingest them.

BeeBee*BeeLeaves

5 Year Member
Orange County, So Cal
I am not familiar with the brand. Be sure it is not coated. They coat some seeds with fertilizer now. That residue can be risky to your tortoise. I know they say it melts in to the soil with water but who needs to find out the hard way that it doesn't.
Okay, just went to research it. It looks like that is their thing, no chemicals, thrives without them. Available at Whole Foods, good sign. Double check the label, but for me, it looks like it would be a good thing. I am going to check it out also, for my babies. Thanks. : )

Jlant85

5 Year Member
California
Yeah i was reading up on grasses and the person who invented or formulated the grass to grow the way they do created this because of his cat dying form eating or digesting the grass. So he devoted over a decade coming up with a safer grass and this what he came up with. the grass was name after his cat "Pearl"

Status
Not open for further replies.