Peeing White! Puddle bigger than him

Domm

Location (City and/or State)
PA
Hello,

I know tortoises excrete the white urnates or whatever they are but is this normal (see picture)

He's about 3 months old and I've never seen him do this until the last two days. It's also a puddle bigger than him? He didn't start doing this until I started feeding him the broadleaf I grew from tort supply, thats the only change lately. I end up cleaning this rock off twice a day because he's doing it often. He also isn't soaking peacefully anymore, he used to lay and relax when he was smaller. Now he digs at the sides and won't sit and soak.

REX.jpg

method89

Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
Malverne, NY
Mine did this not too long as well. I couldn't believe the amount as well. I believe it is perfectly normal and a sign of a healthy tort. If I'm wrong someone will come along and correct me. restlessness in a soak is also normal. I feed mine mazuri while he soaking to keep him focused

Reactions: Tom

Domm

PA
Mine did this not too long as well. I couldn't believe the amount as well. I believe it is perfectly normal and a sign of a healthy tort. If I'm wrong someone will come along and correct me. restlessness in a soak is also normal. I feed mine mazuri while he soaking to keep him focused

Same I was shocked for such a little guy.... I think it's normal too unless its white and pasty, I think liquid is ok. I just want to be sure because he's so small. Good idea on feeding him the mazuri while he soaks I might try it.

Maro2Bear

5 Year Member
Glenn Dale, Maryland, USA
Is your enclosure inside or outside. With all the recent HEAT, HUMIDITY, and RAIN, I think our torts are feeling safe to eat, expel and move on. Lots of rain & humidity & access to “good conditions” seems to induce lots of excretions. No need to hold it in & save liquids for periods of famine & drought. Lots of rain, food & heat = more excretions.

Domm

PA
Is your enclosure inside or outside. With all the recent HEAT, HUMIDITY, and RAIN, I think our torts are feeling safe to eat, expel and move on. Lots of rain & humidity & access to “good conditions” seems to induce lots of excretions. No need to hold it in & save liquids for periods of famine & drought. Lots of rain, food & heat = more excretions.

No it's indoors, I doo but his Rubbermaid tub on the porch though on nice days, with access to shade