Status
Not open for further replies.

jaizei

Unknown Member
10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Earth
EchoTheLeoTort said:
I am planning on heading to college this fall to get a degree so I have a better paying job.

Do you know what you want to study/what type of career you'd like to end up with?

jjsull33

5 Year Member
Denver, Colorado
I don't know what the cause of the migraines is for you, but my mother used to get bad migraines a lot and she started going to the chiropractor and having him work on her back and neck, she gets them a lot less frequently now, maybe this could work or you.

EchoTheLeoTort

5 Year Member
United States
jaizei said:
EchoTheLeoTort said:
I am planning on heading to college this fall to get a degree so I have a better paying job.

Do you know what you want to study/what type of career you'd like to end up with?

I took a year off of college after highschool because i was suffering a lot of depression and health issues and just needed a year off. Unfortunately i missed registration for the fall semester coming up, so I'm starting school in spring. The first school I am going to allows me to stay in my city and get a degree from a state university, I am going to get my bachelors degree in psychology. From there I am transferring to another college to get my masters degree in counseling and psychology. I want to be some type of counselor and help people who need it, not sure if i will help families, marriages, mental health patients, etc yet but some sort of work there. So luckily it is more of a job where i talk and interact with people by sitting down and talking with them. I'm really looking forward to it. :)

p.s. thanks everyone for concerns, suggestions, help, and good advice :)

Jd3

5 Year Member
EchoTheLeoTort said:
Jd3 said:
Not to be off topic but why haven't you had your bleeding ulcers treated? There are a lot of very effective treatments and it is exceptionally rare to have to love with them long term now.

Employers are going to be reluctant to hire someone who they will have to make accommodations for. This type of job is going to be standing for the entire shift. Make sure it is right for you. Much better than letting an employer down later because it is too much for your current condition.

Best of luck

It is a complicated question to answer. When I first got very ill and went in and they found I had ulcers, and I'd become severely anemic and iron deficient, they wanted to give me a blood transfusion because of the blood I had lost, but I opted out of that, and a month later had my check up again and my body was producing more hemoglobin which brought my hemoglobin levels back up to about an 11. The doctor had me on meds that coated my stomach and stopped the bleeding and I was on prilosec to knock out any extra acid. Everything stopped for a while, but now with my last doctor visit she took my blood, and my hemoglobin is very low, which means my ulcers are bleeding again. Now going on why I got ulcers in the first place. I was diagnosed in second grade with migraines, which is very young to be getting migraines. I had very severe migraines twice a week, they were so bad that i'd start throwing up because of the pain. I am on medication for my migraines. But fast forward it to 11 years later, and being almost 19 years old, I still get at least 2 migraines a week. If you think of ALL that time that I have gotten migraines, which I took aspirin for every time, plus the other days where I started to get a headache and had to take aspirin, that is A LOT of aspirin. The aspirin has worn down my stomach and caused bleeding ulcers. The meds he gave me the first time, were kind of a quick fix. Yes it worked, and yes i stopped throwing up blood and bleeding inside, but I still get migraines about 2-3 times a week, I still take aspirin every single time, and here we are 3 years since the first bleeding ulcers, and I am going through it all over. Basically this will be a never ending cycle. I get migraines, I take lots of aspirin, over time this makes my ulcers bleed, i go to the dr for my ulcers, they give me the meds i had before, they stop bleeding, then i'm back to taking more aspirin for my migraines. I won't ever really receive a proper treatment for ulcers because of all the aspirin i have to take for migraines, they will just keep coming back.

Why not take something other than aspirin. There are plenty of prescription migraine medicines.

Someone with bleeding problems should be forbid from taking blood thinners.

RosieRedfoot

5 Year Member
Columbia, SC
Ditto what jd3 said. My friend had migraines and couldn't be on blood thinners and there were a variety of other migraine meds.

I work retail and rarely work less than 6 hour shifts... I'm part time but they have me working 4:30-10 or 2-10 pretty much 5 days a week.

Good luck with your job quest but don't neglect your own health first!

EchoTheLeoTort

5 Year Member
United States
Jd3 said:
EchoTheLeoTort said:
Jd3 said:
Not to be off topic but why haven't you had your bleeding ulcers treated? There are a lot of very effective treatments and it is exceptionally rare to have to love with them long term now.

Employers are going to be reluctant to hire someone who they will have to make accommodations for. This type of job is going to be standing for the entire shift. Make sure it is right for you. Much better than letting an employer down later because it is too much for your current condition.

Best of luck

It is a complicated question to answer. When I first got very ill and went in and they found I had ulcers, and I'd become severely anemic and iron deficient, they wanted to give me a blood transfusion because of the blood I had lost, but I opted out of that, and a month later had my check up again and my body was producing more hemoglobin which brought my hemoglobin levels back up to about an 11. The doctor had me on meds that coated my stomach and stopped the bleeding and I was on prilosec to knock out any extra acid. Everything stopped for a while, but now with my last doctor visit she took my blood, and my hemoglobin is very low, which means my ulcers are bleeding again. Now going on why I got ulcers in the first place. I was diagnosed in second grade with migraines, which is very young to be getting migraines. I had very severe migraines twice a week, they were so bad that i'd start throwing up because of the pain. I am on medication for my migraines. But fast forward it to 11 years later, and being almost 19 years old, I still get at least 2 migraines a week. If you think of ALL that time that I have gotten migraines, which I took aspirin for every time, plus the other days where I started to get a headache and had to take aspirin, that is A LOT of aspirin. The aspirin has worn down my stomach and caused bleeding ulcers. The meds he gave me the first time, were kind of a quick fix. Yes it worked, and yes i stopped throwing up blood and bleeding inside, but I still get migraines about 2-3 times a week, I still take aspirin every single time, and here we are 3 years since the first bleeding ulcers, and I am going through it all over. Basically this will be a never ending cycle. I get migraines, I take lots of aspirin, over time this makes my ulcers bleed, i go to the dr for my ulcers, they give me the meds i had before, they stop bleeding, then i'm back to taking more aspirin for my migraines. I won't ever really receive a proper treatment for ulcers because of all the aspirin i have to take for migraines, they will just keep coming back.

Why not take something other than aspirin. There are plenty of prescription migraine medicines.

Someone with bleeding problems should be forbid from taking blood thinners.

My doctor has me taking amatryptaline (sp?) Every night to help prevent migraines, but the main medicine given for migraines immatrex (Sp?) is something you take when you feel a headache coming on, it is meant to prevent further progress of a headache. It is not a pain killer. The way my doctor described it there isn't anything she can prescribe that takes the pain away, everything is something to help prevent migraines, or slow down the symptoms. Most meds are very expensive, not all of us are rich. I tried the generic version of imatrex and it didn't help me at all. I take excederin migraine for my migraines when i get them. If my doctor knew of something to prescribe for the pain she would of given it to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.