Photo Edits

Status
Not open for further replies.

furandscales

5 Year Member
Doing some phot edits on my girl, what do u think?

Attachments

• image-1875114169.png
    image-1875114169.png
    171.7 KB · Views: 48
  • image-3546135700.png
    image-3546135700.png
    201.9 KB · Views: 39
  • image-1721156377.png
    image-1721156377.png
    313.9 KB · Views: 55
  • image-3417029976.png
    image-3417029976.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 57

jeninak907

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
South Carolina
Her break is looking a little long. You might want to start feeding her on a hard surface like a flat rock. Also cuttle bone works it may sit there for a long time but she will use it eventually. But she is a beauty though!

furandscales

5 Year Member
jeninak907 said:
Her break is looking a little long. You might want to start feeding her on a hard surface like a flat rock. Also cuttle bone works it may sit there for a long time but she will use it eventually. But she is a beauty though!

Really? Ok. I do feed her on a hard surface and always provide a cuttle bone. I just never thought her beak was too long. Does a beak that's too long hurt her in any way?

jeninak907

5 Year Member
South Carolina
furandscales said:
jeninak907 said:

Really? Ok. I do feed her on a hard surface and always provide a cuttle bone. I just never thought her beak was too long. Does a beak that's too long hurt her in any way?

No it wont hurt her but it could get in the way of eating. I just say keep an eye on it. Its good you already have a hard surface and a cuttle bone! Way to go!

russian tortoise boy

5 Year Member
North Las Vegas Nevada
yeah her beak is long. i trim my russian's beak by using the toe nail cutter, in my first time i was nervous but it turns out pretty well, and for you you might go to the vet

oh oh oh oh i almost forgot did you happen to overfed her or fed her with wrong diet when she was a baby cause her growth line (the wine line before each squares) was a little part from each other. but it will be fine

TortoiseRN

5 Year Member
Her beak is a little long but I wouldn't worry about trimming it unless she is catching it on her shell when retracting or extending. Keep feeding her on the rock. She'll eventually work it back to normal length. She is a beauty though. :-D !

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
While the beak is a little long, nothing serious. Along with the hard surface, are you feeding whole leaves and things like the harder stems of those leafs (like you find on collard greens)? Also weeds are tougher and do a good job of helping with beak care. Even once a month, give a whole chunk of raw carrot to gnaw on helps.

furandscales

5 Year Member
russian tortoise boy said:
yeah her beak is long. i trim my russian's beak by using the toe nail cutter, in my first time i was nervous but it turns out pretty well, and for you you might go to the vet

oh oh oh oh i almost forgot did you happen to overfed her or fed her with wrong diet when she was a baby cause her growth line (the wine line before each squares) was a little part from each other. but it will be fine

Hmm I'm not sure! I didn't own her when she was little I just have owned her for a year. I got her from Petco and I do know they only feed them pellets and hay. And barely and greens. Is it a problem for her health?

Status
Not open for further replies.