Picked A Little Fruit For Winter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Len B

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Southern Md - Northern Neck Va
The other day I picked some fruit to store for winter feedings.It is still laying in the driveway so the ends will callus over to keep them from drying out or turning to mush over time.The next project is to collect some pads, which I should have already done. Len

AnthonyC

5 Year Member
New York
A silly question, Len? I see in your header that you live in Virginia. Do you have those plants growing in VA?? :):) I have a gut feeling that I'm missing something here! :D Thanks!

Len B

10 Year Member!
Southern Md - Northern Neck Va
AnthonyC said:
A silly question, Len? I see in your header that you live in Virginia. Do you have those plants growing in VA?? :):) I have a gut feeling that I'm missing something here! :D Thanks!
Yes,I live on the Potomac River near where Rt 301 crosses the Potomac from Maryland.There are a lot of cactus that are cold hardy and will survive the winters in cold climates much farther north than where I live.

AnthonyC

5 Year Member
New York
Wow, I never knew that they could survive that sort of climate. Good stuff! Thanks! :)

mattk

5 Year Member
delaware
I live in delaware and i have that growing in my front yard and didnt even remeber about until a few weeks ago. just went out and picked me some to replant in the house for the winter.

Status
Not open for further replies.