Picking up Gopher tort within the week :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

CJSTorts

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Jacksonville,FL
"Thanks I just noticed you have a FBT too ! how old ??"

I'm not sure here age. She was an adult when we got her. A lady picked her up off the road and took her home. The lady said she was dehydrated and not moving. She got her rehydrated and kept for for a while. Then decided she could no longer care for it. I did not feel comfortable releasing her back since she had been in a home walking around on the floor with a baby and dogs. I was worried about her picking up something with them and taking it back. So now she lives with us permanently, she is doing great!

"maybe the Gophers are making a comeback !!"

I sure hope so!

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
jaydog6644 said:
how much was your tortoise and where did you get it?

You can't buy gopher tortoises, or any of the Gopherus species of tortoise. They are protected by law. You can adopt them through a rescue or club. And you must get a permit to keep them.

NorCalAl

5 Year Member
Paradise
That's exactly what our Cartman spends the winter in every year. Well, we put in substrate (soil and hay), then set his Dogloo on top. This is the 7th winter we've had him. No idea how old he is. One day he showed up on our front lawn - and we live in the Sierra foothills! Since then, he spends summers outside and the long, cold winters inside. Works perfect.

Status
Not open for further replies.