pin worms

Status
Not open for further replies.

ehols

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
First off, thank you all for your help with our new tort, Papi. After his two day vomitting streak I finally got him into the vet's office and according to his stool sample Ole' Papalop has pin worms. I don't know anything about them. He has meds which he did not want to take! If anyone knows anything about pin worms please let me know. Should I be concerned about the family getting them?

ehols

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
No such thing as TMI. Thanks very much. I'll be better at it myself. I kiss him and let him rub his face on my face...I may need to revisit how close I let him get to my mouth....

Leslie said:
Hope Papi gets better real soon with the treatment. Yes, pin worms are definitely something people, especially children can get. (because they tend to put their hands in their mouths) Good hand washing is a must. Even use of antiseptic cleaner on hands after handling your tort would be best, after washing of course. Symptoms of pin worms in humans/children include anal itching, especially at night when the worm comes out to lay eggs. The human scratches, puts fingers in mouth and the cycle continues. (Sorry if TMI)

ehols

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
.1 cc of Panacor...not his favorite. He is still mad from yesterday.

quote=Leslie]
ehols said:
No such thing as TMI. Thanks very much. I'll be better at it myself. I kiss him and let him rub his face on my face...I may need to revisit how close I let him get to my mouth....

Yeah, not a good idea to get your mouth that close. Just blow him kisses for now. By the way for future reference, What medication are you giving him and what dose?
[/quote]

Status
Not open for further replies.