Plant ID

Echaryn

Location (City and/or State)
Texas
Hello, is anyone able to identify these plants and tell if it is safe to feed my Russian tort? I checked online plant IDs and couldn't seem to find anything that matched enough.weeds.jpg

Maro2Bear

5 Year Member
Glenn Dale, Maryland, USA
It kind of has a leaf pattern of a “vetch” - here on the East Coast we have a lot of Crown Vetch. All those little leaflets off the main stem make it look “vetchy”. Any signs of any flowers?

Good luck.....

Echaryn

Texas
It kind of has a leaf pattern of a “vetch” - here on the East Coast we have a lot of Crown Vetch. All those little leaflets off the main stem make it look “vetchy”. Any signs of any flowers?

Good luck.....
No flowers, at least not any that I saw.

Guts

Tennessee
I second bittercress, have you ever seen the little pods pop at the end of summer? If so that’s most likely what it is I think

RosemaryDW

5 Year Member
Newport Coast, CA
I think hairy bittercress also. You can’t really see the base leaves, that makes it a bit hard to say.

If you look at this photo you will see the same skinny seed pods up top; the same narrower-looking leaves underneath them; but then down at the bottom a circular “rosette” of leaves with a very different shape. I think you have them but under the dead leaves so we can’t really see them. If you taste the bottom leaves they should be a bit peppery, like arugula.

Safe if your tortoise will eat it.

2A2C4A56-C184-4395-A710-BB982290A957.jpeg