Plant ID

HAMPS77

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
New Freedom Pennsylvania
Hey guys! Just wondering what this plant is and if it’s safe for my tort to consume. Thanks!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 45

Maro2Bear

5 Year Member
Glenn Dale, Maryland, USA
Hhhmm. Interesting. It’s not Poison Ivy, or Virginia Creeper. It “kind of” looks like wild strawberry branching out. But, i think not. ?‍♂️ And, it’s not any of the normal creepers/vines. I’m really not sure..

SasquatchTortoise

Forth Worth, Texas
I can't say for sure, but it does look like a fruiting plant, like rose, blackberry, or most likely, strawberry. It could be poisonous though, so I would recommend not feeding it to your torts

Jannra

Canadian Prairie
Wait for flowers, it is often easier to identify plants when flowering. If it never flowers at least you know it is not a berry

RosemaryDW

5 Year Member
Newport Coast, CA
Seems brambly (rose, berry) but like posted above I’d wait for a flower. It will likely be white or pink, five petals if it’s a berry.

Prize007

Alexandria
Looks like wild strawberry but i would wait for others to chime in
I second this. You will know for sure when it flowers which should happen soon. Had oodles of mock strawberry in my yard in PA. Never gave it to my tort. Tortoise table says sparingly and has this line which is bonkers imo: However, as the leaves age and start to wilt or decay, they produce a hydrogen cyanide gas, which is very toxic, and so only young leaves should be fed.

I think the trouble is you won't know for sure till it blooms and/or fruits and by then the leaves might not be young?