Please help me anyone? Idk whats wrong with my turtle its a musk turtle and it has had no problems in 5 years

Moozillion

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Louisiana, USA
It looks like a near-drowning event. I had something similar happen to my mud turtle. Although she survived the initial drowning, she got pneumonia which we fought for 1.5 YEARS before finally euthanizing her. She looked and acted very much like this.
I think you have done everything you can do for right now, unless you take him to an exotics vet, but they can be hard to find (and $$$).
As to your set up, I have just ONE Musk Turtle in a 40 gallon breeder, and it’s really too small for him. Musk turtle are quite good swimmers, and are happier in deeper water than you have. I am up grading my musk to a 75 gallon tank that will have at least 16 inches of water.
And two together is very risky due to bullying.
If you have 2, they do best kept separately.
Good luck!

D1nosaurpizza

Ocala Fl
It looks like a near-drowning event. I had something similar happen to my mud turtle. Although she survived the initial drowning, she got pneumonia which we fought for 1.5 YEARS before finally euthanizing her. She looked and acted very much like this.
I think you have done everything you can do for right now, unless you take him to an exotics vet, but they can be hard to find (and $$$).
As to your set up, I have just ONE Musk Turtle in a 40 gallon breeder, and it’s really too small for him. Musk turtle are quite good swimmers, and are happier in deeper water than you have. I am up grading my musk to a 75 gallon tank that will have at least 16 inches of water.
And two together is very risky due to bullying.
If you have 2, they do best kept separately.
Good luck!
This morning he was dead. We tried our best. It's very sad because I believe he suffered and he was only 5 years old

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
I'm very sorry to hear this.

TammyJ

5 Year Member
Jamaica
I am sorry your turtle didn't make it. You did your best and you cared for him like a good owner should.

Moozillion

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Louisiana, USA
I'm very sorry for your loss. It's always hard.
Hugs from Mooz.